Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. I am looking to purchase pipes for my Indian Scout Sixty. Have been in way too many close calls because of no one being able to hear me right next to them. Any one have any ideas on louder but not overly expensive pipes that might help? I also want to be able to "roar" my engine when I'm riding with the big boy bikes without it sounding so girly ?

·
Visionary
5,282 Posts
My daughter rides the Scout Bobber, she has a set of Bassini 2 into 1 pipes on her's. I installed them, it was an easy enough swap, and they look good and sound great. If you want to hear your bike I recommend them highly, you will not be disappointed.

Reactions: Sellena98

·
American Legion Rider
26,039 Posts
Bassini's sound great on just about everything I've seen and heard them on. I would have love to get them for mine but when I got mine they were not available and I'm not dropping more money on slipons for nothing more than sound. I'll have to be happy with what I have. Plus...I never really hear them anyway. I have to satisfied hearing another like mine and go, oh...I could've sounded like that.:(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My daughter rides the Scout Bobber, she has a set of Bassini 2 into 1 pipes on her's. I installed them, it was an easy enough swap, and they look good and sound great. If you want to hear your bike I recommend them highly, you will not be disappointed.

View attachment 60032
Awesome thank you for the advice more or less how much do they cost? Those are both beautiful bikes. I love the 2 different colors on bikes it looks really nice

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bassini's sound great on just about everything I've seen and heard them on. I would have love to get them for mine but when I got mine they were not available and I'm not dropping more money on slipons for nothing more than sound. I'll have to be happy with what I have. Plus...I never really hear them anyway. I have to satisfied hearing another like mine and go, oh...I could've sounded like that.:(
Yea absolutely. I've grown to get use to the way mine sound but when you're in a big group and you hear everyone start up their bike and it sounds amazing it makes you want to get new pipes even more :/ not only that but like I've said I've been in a good amount of close calls because it's not loud enough. It's more of a safety thing for me since I ride to work every day at 5:30 am and in rush hour traffic

·
American Legion Rider
26,039 Posts
I don't think it wise to depend on pipes to save you from a safety point of view. It's best to be aware of what is around you and be prepared to make evasive maneuvers. Situational awareness will save your bacon much more often than loud pipes. JMHO

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it wise to depend on pipes to save you from a safety point of view. It's best to be aware of what is around you and be prepared to make evasive maneuvers. Situational awareness will save your bacon much more often than loud pipes. JMHO
I 100% agree with you. I think not only having the constant mindset that the other driver doesn't see you helps with being aware. Not only that but I believe that if they can hear you but can't see you they would hopefully think twice before making a move

·
Visionary
5,282 Posts
Awesome thank you for the advice more or less how much do they cost? Those are both beautiful bikes. I love the 2 different colors on bikes it looks really nice
Your quite welcome!
I don't remember what the pipes cost, Missy bought them, I just did the work, lucky for her I work cheap, I think she made me dinner :)
The two tone one is my wife's Scout. It's amazing how different those 2 bikes look and feel, my wife's has the taller stock bars and the foot position is totally different than on the Bobber. The Bobber is a blast to ride for a while but with the bent over riding position in an hour I need to stretch my poor sore back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I 100% agree with you. I think not only having the constant mindset that the other driver doesn't see you helps with being aware. Not only that but I believe that if they can hear you but can't see you they would hopefully think twice before making a move
Your quite welcome!
I don't remember what the pipes cost, Missy bought them, I just did the work, lucky for her I work cheap, I think she made me dinner :)
The two tone one is my wife's Scout. It's amazing how different those 2 bikes look and feel, my wife's has the taller stock bars and the foot position is totally different than on the Bobber. The Bobber is a blast to ride for a while but with the bent over riding position in an hour I need to stretch my poor sore back.
I wish dinner was a form of payment sometimes haha. That would make things so much easier. I would love to be able to ride with taller bars and be able to kinda ride almost any bike but my height prohibits me too ? but I love my bike however I have that same back problem. Since I don't have a back rest and the bars are a little more forward I'm in like a leaned over position the entire time I'm riding. It's a small price we pay for happiness though

·
Visionary
5,282 Posts

I wish dinner was a form of payment sometimes haha. That would make things so much easier. I would love to be able to ride with taller bars and be able to kinda ride almost any bike but my height prohibits me too ? but I love my bike however I have that same back problem. Since I don't have a back rest and the bars are a little more forward I'm in like a leaned over position the entire time I'm riding. It's a small price we pay for happiness though
Indian makes shorter and longer reach bars and seats for the Scouts, you may be able to find a better fit with some small changes and make your happiness even greater.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew they made seats but not reach bars. Thank you for letting me know. I guess I'll be doing some research for the next few days ?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,143 Posts
The Scout's bars can be loosened and rotated quite a bit, forward and backward, up and down really and I did it right away on my 2018 Scout. I also adjusted the rear shocks for more pre-load and it made a world of difference in the ride.

I'm 6ft-5in and the riding position is almost perfectly comfortable.

When I bought a new 1997 Goldwing, I killed the engine Sooooo many times because I was used to the LOUD pipes on my Electra Glide where I knew exactly when to let the clutch out.

I do believe that loud pipes CAN save lives by letting people know that a motorcycle is nearby.

Sam:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts