Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some guy selling a gs650, he says it runs but needs a battery. So im bringing a battery with me to test it. it also needs a seat and blinkers. It has 8000 miles and he wants 250 for it, if it runs im probably going to end up taking it regardless. Im 5'11" 220lbs so for a starter bike this should suit me. My girlfriend found it and is buying it for me for our one present so im going to try to restore back to nice rideable conditions. Going to also put a stock style seat back on it for two up riding over the summer after i ride it around all spring to get a feel for it.

Stay tuned for pics

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
If it runs, I'd say it was worth it. You could always sell it as parts if it will cost too much to get it street-worthy.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
Be sure to change the tires. I doubt seriously if they are any good. Rubber does not age well. Good luck with the start though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked it up today, put the new battery in and started right up. Im going to put new tires on along with a brake job before i make it road legal. Ill put some pics up later the only spot with rust was the seat mounts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,844 Posts
Sounds like you are ahead of the game

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
I'd say you're very lucky. After seeing all the help it won't start threads it's great to see or hear about one just firing up. COOL!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once it starts up it revs itself up pretty high but then dies out when revved by hand but im pretty sure the 0 gas in the tank is responsible for that haha

·
Registered
45 Posts
>>he says it runs but needs a battery<<

Famous last words. You'd think if somebody wanted to sell a bike bad enough he's put a danged battery in it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts