Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 honda sabre vf700s and need to replace the fuel line that runs from the petcock valve (fuel shut off valve) down to the engine and i need the size or diameter of this part does anyone no the size? It is number 3 on the diagram when i search comes up tube, vaccuum

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
Standard black fuel line will probably not work. 3/16 1/4 5/16 etc. The better fuel line is yellow, available from some bike shops or fuel line shops. It stretches, so the exact size is not precise. Get some pieces in different sizes. The vacuum line, and the fuel line are different sizes on my XS400. The yellow stuff is also a lot more $$$$.
The problem is most fuel line in North America is Imperial, while the rest of the normal world is metric.

Bo chance. UK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Standard black fuel line will probably not work. 3/16 1/4 5/16 etc. The better fuel line is yellow, available from some bike shops or fuel line shops. It stretches, so the exact size is not precise. Get some pieces in different sizes. The vacuum line, and the fuel line are different sizes on my XS400. The yellow stuff is also a lot more $$$$.
The problem is most fuel line in North America is Imperial, while the rest of the normal world is metric.

Bo chance. UK
So what would be the diameter of that hose

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
You can wiggle off the piece that is on the bike, and measure the metal tube.
BTW. I usually do not reply to anyone who has not introduced themselves.

UK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts