Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 73' cb100 that my wife cruises around town on and I'm going to replace the petcock. I've got a complete one that I am going to use, but in the clymer manual it doesn't say how to remove the petcock from the tank. Is there any trick or do I just pull it off. I wanted to get some feedback before I do something boneheaded.

Also what is the consensus on a little inline fuel filter between the carb and petcock? There is a guy in my neighborhood who restored a 71' cb350 and has them inline on his. Will this help or is it not necessary?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Remove the fuel line, drain the tank, then there should be a couple small bolts on the petcock holding it on.(assuming that they are the same as most modern bikes) Un-do those remove petcock, re instal new one. Its one of those jobs that is as easy as you would think it should be.

As to the fuel filter, it can't hurt as long as it flows enough to feed your bike. I'd say do it.

PS When you drain the tank, take the cap off, that should help speed up the draining process assuming you dont have a pump.

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
Like said above, should just be a screw or 2 and it will come out, may want to inspect the tank while you are there and give it a good cleaning.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
hidden access

I have a cb 100 and u use a six point socket to remove the sediment bowl Now look inside and there are two screws that hold the rest of the petcock to the tank. You also may need a new oval gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.