Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Very Famous Person
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--

Am I missing something? I can't see where you can send, receive, or visit past p.m.'s. Has this feature been discontinued?

--

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
Assuming you are using a mouse with a PC, if you hover the mouse over the users icon, a window opens that includes Message at the bottom, used to open a 'conversation'.
If you click your personal icon in the upper right corner of the screen, a menu will drop down, and Conversations will be on the list, with a number next to it that indicates how many are there.
I think PMs sent or received before the forum change are gone; perhaps a moderator can bring them back, but I have my doubts.

·
Very Famous Person
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
--

Thanks for the directions. Works fine. ?

--

·
Nightfly
4,601 Posts
I believe this type of information falls under the heading "communication." Of which there has been none from the higher ups. Thanks WintrSol, I was looking for same but gave up.

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
I believe this type of information falls under the heading "communication." Of which there has been none from the higher ups. Thanks WintrSol, I was looking for same but gave up.
I don't think there is a need for the higher ups to communicate further when the answer to the question has been covered adequately. I've kinda expressed my displeasure at their treating us like grade schoolers so I
respect their lack of communication in the case. Am I missing something you need or want further communication on TR? I'll do my best if I can help or at least try to an answer to something you are in need of.
I made an edit and it saved it twice, go figure....
Is this the same edit that was no place to be found a few days ago. :) Just poking fun there TR. But to be serious about it, I've seen this happen when the system gets real slow and you begin to question if it accepted your input so you select it a second time or third. Seems to go into these super slow modes more often with this new format with zero indication it's spinning it's wheels which I got with the previous version. So could you have hit the Post reply button twice thinking as I described, it didn't accept the first? At least you got a full day to edit now to make corrections. Isn't that a positive in such a negative environment today?

·
Nightfly
4,601 Posts
You're right Larry, why would the executives what to be sure the underlings have a clear understanding of how the new system works. Could be it was covered somewhere at some time but I don't spend much time digging into the workings of the forum, nor do I care much to do so.

I'll take your statement that you "respect their lack of communication in the case" as a bit of sarcasm. I'm not in need of anything on this forum. It is becoming exactly what I thought it would. A place where members and nonmembers come to argue inane points. I notice more and more older guys are not contributing, but not all, and that I understand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts