Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,984 Posts
That's fine if you can, and want to spend $70,000 for a bike, and one without a cubic inch of storage. But if Honda would just bring back the Magna V65 you would have a power cruiser that today would probably run about $10K.

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
Rear tyre is way to wide for cornering. Bike looks cool.
When you take the weight of the bike and a 170 pound rider, and figure out how many pounds each horsepower has to move:
There are many bikes that will be quicker for a lot less money. I had one back in 1974.

UK

·
Nightfly
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's fine if you can, and want to spend $70,000 for a bike, and one without a cubic inch of storage. But if Honda would just bring back the Magna V65 you would have a power cruiser that today would probably run about $10K.
Difficult to compare a custom hand built motorcycle with a lot of special made parts to a cookie cutter bike made by a major manufacturer. Sure, out of my price range as well and it's not mean for touring..

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Ridiculous, expensive, and impractical! I love it! Art cannot be defined!

·
Registered
232 Posts
A dealer in my area is advertising a 2019 Suzuki Boulevard M109R Boss, which according to google has 128 hp for only $11k.
I bought a new 2016 off of the dealer's floor early this year. It was heavily discounted by Suzuki to make way for the newer models. Not much has changed on this bile since it was released, I believe in 2006. It has very little tech which may be the reason it isn't crazy priced. Its not as maneuverable as my M90 was but it is a BEAST!

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
I'm sure it''s fun but not $70,000 worth of fun :)
For a muscle cruiser I'm very happy with my Kingpin, 106ci, totally impractical with not an inch of storage or wind protection, just 2 wheels and a big engine. It was probably 13K new, I bought it with 2000 miles for $6k. It's not sport bike fast, but it can more than hold it's own in it's class.

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
I bought a new 2016 off of the dealer's floor early this year. It was heavily discounted by Suzuki to make way for the newer models. Not much has changed on this bile since it was released, I believe in 2006. It has very little tech which may be the reason it isn't crazy priced. Its not as maneuverable as my M90 was but it is a BEAST!
The M109 is a bike I've always admired, they look serious and have the horsepower to back it up.

Reactions: meierjn
1 - 13 of 13 Posts