Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so I have made a truely patriot nightmare....

It has a basket for chinese food, orange flaming horses, cadillac tailights, and a bin laden head cigarette lighter,,,,well... everything is working now!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody got a small factor, cheap motorcycle cb/am-fm radio they want to git rid of?

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I love the ammeter on the side cover. What's the switch next to it?

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts
Yamaha

It looks like it might have been an early 80's Yamaha XS1100... Not sure what it is now tho... Batman's Backup Bike maybe?? lol
It does look similar to my 79 XS1100, but the side cover with the amp meter is from Mars. If the picture was clearer it would help. Maybe the OP will tell us someday.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
81 xs1100

well the instructions say never connect an ammeter to a motorcycle because the starter motor will fry it, when it fires up. So leave the switch off until the motor is running, and make sure you turn it off before you kill the motor...

I had to cut the fairing lowers off, for the markland footboards/forward controls on the right side... still havent figured out what I'm going to do with the gears on the left side.
The lowers hit me right in the shins before I snipped them off!

The basket was a wire freezer basket that I cut and welded to make a frame. It was pop riveted with sheet metal and then covered asthetically with 1" gold milspec webbing. It is't waterproof, but it is close. The box on the top of the basket, is made from a fridges door drawers that are clamshelled with rearward hinges, and covered with the same marine vinyl that I used on the seat. It has snaps that will hold it closed.
The basket is insulated inside with foil styro to retain takeout warmth...

The basket has 1" eye bolts forward to strap a bedroll or buttpad for the passenger.

The color? oxide red primer with universal oxide yellow tint! OXIDE! With Delstar Poly Canyon Brown Tank and Sides!

Put the carbs on today.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One last thing...
I threaded the right passenger grab bar with a 7/8" tap for a hooky bobber elastic rope. I haven't made the connector yet, but it will consist of a
7/8" bolt, drilled out with a 1/2" hole that contains the elastic rope and some kind of a wedge that holds it in....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
tailights up fairing lights up

Here is a shot from the rear, and a pic of the two small marker lights on the ends of the tailight bucket. the two little dots, are the two lights inside the plstic bezel.

I bought some wiring looms to connect the fairing and the tail to the main harness. permanently soldered them to each accesory., then bullet connected the cluster plug to the main harness.

One plug off and on. man am I tired of sorting turns from tails and blinkers from parkers...

They all work right!(gulps his pride down and snorts a tear of joy!)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
new rubber goes on after I do the disc rotors and the caliper housings in a nice brown-bronze-oxide with the orange flake on the wheel spokes. what a great buy I got from chap motorsports ! thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
finally a pic outside!

Today, as I tripped to the park and back in my test run of about 1 mile, I noticed that the left baffle in my mufflers (as I installed it on the header first, before I reattached the can) which missed the baffle just slightly, made a roaring concern of my racemachine gone touring... It does purr at idle though...

RaRa.

I think I am going to try the cone over the end trick, before I put this much out for a new exhaust system. OK, the braking system works...but I wouldn't want to follow close behind anything with it. well here are the img.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts