Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site requests you introduce yourself before asking questions so people know you are serious and not a post and run type poster. Introductions found here ... [URL]https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introduction.305/[/URL]
Hey, ya'll - I'm looking to repair a few rips in an older nylon cover I got it from my bike's previous owner. One rip is about seven inches long, clean tear. The others are only a few inches. Right now they are tied shut from within with rubber bands.

Any insights into a better repair?

PS I know buying a new cover is an option (and expect to do so at some point down the line), but I'd rather opt to learn some tricks to try them out on this one, then any other future covers. Trying to go the fix before replace philosophy here.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you can find a boat store in your area, go get some 'Sail Tape'. Maybe buy it online. It's designed to withstand almost anything nature can throw at it. Wind, rain, hot, cold, it holds. Put it on both sides of you cover and forget about it. It will last longer than the cover.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can find a boat store in your area, go get some 'Sail Tape'. Maybe buy it online. It's designed to withstand almost anything nature can throw at it. Wind, rain, hot, cold, it holds. Put it on both sides of you cover and forget about it. It will last longer than the cover.
Awesome, many thanks! I'll give this a shot this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts