Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1983 Honda FT500 Ascot, 1975 Suzuki TC100 Blazer
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have an FT500 (1983) and my mechanic says the starter clutch is going bad. He gave me one part number to source one (they are no longer made) and when I looked that part number up on eBay and Google, etc, it came back as a gear for an oil pump. I called to inquire further and the parts guy there gave me a completely different part no. I am not sure which I need, and they both disagree. Could I get some help from the good folks here? The part numbers in question are:

28221-429-010
31220-MC8-000

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Hi there, I have an FT500 (1983) and my mechanic says the starter clutch is going bad. He gave me one part number to source one (they are no longer made) and when I looked that part number up on eBay and Google, etc, it came back as a gear for an oil pump. I called to inquire further and the parts guy there gave me a completely different part no. I am not sure which I need, and they both disagree. Could I get some help from the good folks here? The part numbers in question are:

28221-429-010
31220-MC8-000

Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
http://www.hondapowersportsoftroy.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

I am not certain what of these parts would be considered the starter clutch.

Hopefully you can link to other pages on the fiche if this is not the correct page.

Many Honda dealers have the parts finder feature, and it is a matter of going to the model year and then clicking on the link to your bike.

Hope this helps....

Edit. the link did not load quite like I thought it would. Just click on the +Honda link at the bottom and follow the prompts...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts