Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
26,019 Posts
So are you sold on the snark nose now? I prefer a framed mounted fairing but will take what's available for the money I have. To me the moved to a frame mount is about the same as a move from a bike with a windshield to a bike with a fairing. Some like it some don't. But anything is better than nothing at all. That is if you do a lot of highway riding in the 75 to 80mph range.

BTW...are these videos with your new cheap camera? Still holding up okay?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Michael, I would like to thank you for an excellent Youtube Video, especially in light of the fact that I didn't hear one single use of needless PROFANITY, that spoils many Youtube motorcycle tests that I watch:angel:

I always ask myself why so many people would just all of a sudden start using the 'F' word and the 'MF' word, with impunity, to what end??? They must know that potentially thousands to millions of enthusiast will hear their display of immorality?:surprise:

Yes, in an hour or so I and my Family will be on our way to Church:grin:

The thing that takes some getting used to with a 'frame mounted' fairing is that for instance at night, in a parking lot and stopped, when the forks are turned, the beam of light stays pointed straight ahead until the 'frame' makes the turn:surprise:

A frame mounted fairing is much more stable, because anything attached to the handlebars can potentially cause a wobble or shake.:plain:

I've had many examples of both and none caused any problems.:wink2:

The 'Batwing' is more traditional looking in my opinion.:smile_big:

Again, good work!:smile:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, the cheap lodopro "Low Dough Pro" is still working fine. If you watch the video, while I'm at the red light I keep eyeing that Street Glide. I've decided I'm a Street Glide Rider. I like the looks of the Road Glide but, I don't like the way it looks from the riding position. The inner fairing looks like a 70's Goldwing or as another person stated a snowmobile. Again it looks great looking at the bike when I'm not riding it, but the inner fairing is dated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Michael, I would like to thank you for an excellent Youtube Video, especially in light of the fact that I didn't hear one single use of needless PROFANITY, that spoils many Youtube motorcycle tests that I watch

I always ask myself why so many people would just all of a sudden start using the 'F' word and the 'MF' word, with impunity, to what end??? They must know that potentially thousands to millions of enthusiast will hear their display of immorality?

Yes, in an hour or so I and my Family will be on our way to Church

The thing that takes some getting used to with a 'frame mounted' fairing is that for instance at night, in a parking lot and stopped, when the forks are turned, the beam of light stays pointed straight ahead until the 'frame' makes the turn

A frame mounted fairing is much more stable, because anything attached to the handlebars can potentially cause a wobble or shake.

I've had many examples of both and none caused any problems.

The 'Batwing' is more traditional looking in my opinion.

Again, good work!

Sam
Ive decided I'm a Street Glide rider, I know what everyone says, but it really doesnt bother me with the fork mounted fairings. I just got back from a 1530 mile trip and I rode beside 18 wheelers, in high wind, rain and it just wasnt a big deal. I like the Street Glide better, so I'm sticking with it.
Thanks for the comment, you want hear profanity or vulgar language coming from me. It's not who I am. No matter how much I like Motorcycles and Traveling etc.. I love the Lord more, that's my first priority above anything else. I'm grateful for what he allows me to see and experience, new towns, meet new people and being able to spend time with my family.
It sounds like you are a blessed man as well, being able to take your family to Church is a blessing. Thank you again for the comment.
Have a Blessed Day
Traveling

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Basically like the Video said is mostly a personal preference .. I was a Batwing preferred until they redid the Road Glide in 2014 .. If was to buy another New HD no doubt in my mind would be the Road Glide .. Great Video, Thanks for Sharing ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts