Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the laws in California (Los Angeles) about using a motorcycle cover in permit parking neighborhoods? I live in a permit neighborhood and they are quick to ticket...the day I bought a new bike they ticketed me for no permit parking sticker...didn't even have plates yet.

If I use a cover at night (or day) do I need to display the permit somehow? Cut a hole? What?

Help??

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,785 Posts
I think I would put the permit on the bike and stencil the info on the cover.

OR

Check with ticket issuing unit and ask them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Logically, they would have to lift the cover to see the plate to make any ticket enforceable, which would mean they would see the permit being displayed too and therefore not have grounds to ticket you.

But I would double-check just to be sure. Out of curiosity, I would think that they wouldn't be able to enforce the ticket on the new bike since it had no unique identification yet. Did you pay the fine, or let it go?

·
FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts
Anyone know the laws in California (Los Angeles) about using a motorcycle cover in permit parking neighborhoods? I live in a permit neighborhood and they are quick to ticket...the day I bought a new bike they ticketed me for no permit parking sticker...didn't even have plates yet.

If I use a cover at night (or day) do I need to display the permit somehow? Cut a hole? What?

Help??
So your neighborhood where you live, requires each vehicle to have a permit which you have to pay for? So how does that work out for friends and family members who come to visit you and stay over night and have to park in your neighborhood?

I remember hearing talk of a previous town I lived in where we bought our first house (starter home). Lived there for 9 years before moving out into the rural part of the state. During that 9 years of living there, there was talk about the town possibly wanting to charge for permit parking on the roads. This mainly was brought up because of the commuters who lived out of town and would park in the town all day and residents complaining of nowhere to park.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
What the heck is permit parking? From what I can gather you need a parking pass of some sort to park right at your own home. That sounds ridiculous to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts