Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after some consideration I decided on what colors I want to paint my bike, however I'd like to get an idea on what they'd look like before I actually paint it.
I've tried using photoshop/paintshop for windows but I'm really not good at using it. Is there a better program I could use or someone who has good photoshop skills that could help me out? the first pic is the photoshopped pic the others are the original pics. I'm going for a two tone look with most of the chrome blacked out.

Attachments

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
It can be done "quick and dirty" in MS Paint. Use the "resize" tab to enlarge the photo, then use the smallest "brush" to add colors and experiment with designs. Then when you resize to normal it will look a bit cleaner.

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
I use GIMP. It works as well as Photoshop (or better according to many), and the price is much cheaper since it's open source and free.

There are tons of tutorials online to get professional-looking results.

One suggestion I would have is to use a better-lit original photograph.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use GIMP. It works as well as Photoshop (or better according to many), and the price is much cheaper since it's open source and free.

There are tons of tutorials online to get professional-looking results.

One suggestion I would have is to use a better-lit original photograph.
I've got paintshop pro x3, I don't know what tutorials to even look for.
the lighting in my garage was pretty poor at the time I took those pics we've since put in new lighting which has been a huge improvement, I'd take new pics but my bikes blocked in right now and I can't really move things around in there or move things outside till the weather gets warmer and the snow and ice melt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts