1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Events such as the first one you listed used to amuse me as much as they surprised me. Then they started to disgust me. Now, I almost want to start breaking some heads.

The second link you posted shows me that there is still some reason left in this country.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I echo your sentiments EYE. One of the biggest problems is that nearly every MSM source will give the first story at least 30 seconds of air time (I even remember hearing about it myself), but you only hear the second story if you happen across it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Um, here in the good old USA we have freedom, like the freedom to not watch a TV show or movie, if you don't want to watch it just turn off the TV or don't go to the theater, but don't step on the freedom of others TO see it.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Developments

Well,now they are gonna run both movies. The Football coach said his guys are gonna watch American Sniper. Some of the alumni [read DONORS} communicated their displeasure as well.
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/21958/

And it gets even better.
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/21991/ A satirical article written about all the whining, caused the writer's door to be vandalized. Pretty darn serious if the hot dogs thrown at the door had pork in them!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Very good, the students still have the freedom to see American Sniper in the context of freedom of expression and discussion. But then a Muslim that is supposedly against the violence and racism that the film portrays uses violence and racism to make their point? How ironic or moronic is that. I have not seen or plan to see the film, no interest. But then I make the same freedom of choice decisions for other films like Brokeback Mountain as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I liked American Sniper. I'm not American. I didn't think it glorified violence or portrayed Muslims in a bad light. It was reasonably factual as far as I could tell, not manipulative or emotional.

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
Movies

We watched American Sniper and the movie about the British code breaking, and the commie sniper. Have the Battle of Britain here on CD. Read many books on the British navy battles of both wars. Read the book about the US and Japanese navy and air battles. It does no good to stay ignorant IMO. Read about Gallipoli, and the German commie battles.
Chatted first hand with an old neighbour in NZ about WW1.
Discovered my uncle won the war in Burma.
I think most of us have no taste for war, but it happens. Dan Ianone of Japanese decent, and senator from Hawaii, spoke most eloquently about not wanting to fight, but doing what needed to be done.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I call BS there is no way 9 people went to see Paddington.:)
Well,you are right . Actually,it was seven! Maybe we need to re-title the thread American Sniper 150, Paddington bear 7

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/21995/

My daughter is a liberal,but believes all sides need to be heard. She is approaching that age when parents seem to gain a little wisdom. Since her job involves student affairs at another university, she is interested in the story. We talked about it last night.

Anyway,I read the book, and Mrs Slum and I will be watching the movie as it is Geezer Discount night tonight. $1.75 a ticket. Hope the movie does the book justice.

·
lost
1,106 Posts
Well,you are right . Actually,it was seven! Maybe we need to re-title the thread American Sniper 150, Paddington bear 7

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/21995/

My daughter is a liberal,but believes all sides need to be heard. She is approaching that age when parents seem to gain a little wisdom. Since her job involves student affairs at another university, she is interested in the story. We talked about it last night.

Anyway,I read the book, and Mrs Slum and I will be watching the movie as it is Geezer Discount night tonight. $1.75 a ticket. Hope the movie does the book justice.
Yeah, I tend to lean to the left a little, but I really don't get this crap. Censorship at its finest. Or at least attempted censorship.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts