Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very near the completion of a full restoration on my 1958 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite that I bought new in September of 1958. The PA Registration plate that went on the car, at that time, was 2685F !

I still have this tag and my mission is to use it on the car, Antique Car with Vintage Plate. My Tag/Notary tells me I can't use it because those numbers are currently registered to a MOTORCYCLE. I would really like to work some kind of arrangement with the owner of this tag so that I can use my original tag on the car. If you or anyone you know has this tag, I would like to hear from them. Maybe I can pay for registration with a different number? Please pass the word along. Any other suggestion would be great. THANKS, Don Weir

Attachments

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,487 Posts
Love the bugeye

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can still use the exact old plate that you had originally see this link. A new Pennsylvania law allows collector and antique car owners to display original registration tags
The problem, as you know, arises because it is being used by a motorcycle. How you rectify that I do not know short of finding the current owner of that tag and seeing what can be worked out.
I have an original 1962 PA plate on my '62 Corvette. When I tried to register it with the first plate DOT said the plate was stolen. I have no idea where I got it. I used to buy plates at auctions and also if I found a super nice tag in a junk yard I would get it. I went through a pile of plates and found a great 1962. That went through, no problems. I am hoping that someone will read this post and put whoever has the tag in contact with me. I also hope to try reaching out to other PA motorcycle clubs and their members. A big task!

·
Premium Member
9,822 Posts
I tried to locate a bike I owned, last registered in about 1974, but no luck. Licensing folks said they do not go back that far. Bummer.
Bike has some expensive parts, and some history. It might be in a local museum in the area where I sold it.
Just thunked to contact the local museums.

UK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts