Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm reassembling my 2007 C90 after having it painted - they did a really beautiful job on it. However, I'm running into some issues that I need help with, and hope some good soul (everyone who answers is A-OK in my book) will be able to get me going back on the road. Here's some history, as well as the issues:

1. Bought the bike and had it shipped from Texas. I'm in Nevada. It has 35,000 miles on it.

2. I had a no-start condition, and after an epic tale which I won't get into here, the dealer fixed it - it was the CKP sensor, which I'm sure you know is part of the stator. $800 job, but I think that was fair since the guy in town was stumped.

3. The bike now runs! However, my OBD tool (yes, for my Boulevard) threw a P0351 - A-Side Coil fault. Any info on how to troubleshoot whether it's the coil itself would be appreciated. ALSO, which SIDE is the "A" side of the bike? I'm guessing the rider's left, but I may be wrong. I can tell you the left side coil mounts were removed and cleaned, and the right side coil (as you're sitting on the bike) was never tampered with.

4. I placed my fully reassembled rear fender on a box to hook up the connector. HOWEVER, the only turning signals that are working are the front ones, and they blink a LOT faster than usual. I'm wondering if it's a relay, but have no idea where it would be. The 15A fuse on the rider's right side of the bike is GOOD, and I even swapped it out with the spare - it's the same condition - no rear turning signal/marker lights.

Thank you in advance! I appreciate anything you might be able to help me with.

Regards,

Maitai

P.S. Does the rear fender have to perhaps be GROUNDED to the chassis by mounting it with bolts before the lights will work?

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
Perhaps this site can help, as it has a service manual: Delphi Forums Login*-*Welcome! Please log in.

Also, the ground should come through a black/white wire, so mounting the fender shouldn't be necessary. You need to re-check the wiring and connectors. High-speed flashing is a sign of a bulb out, which is what you have.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Your issue sounds similar to an issue I recently had. I recently replaced the pick-up coil on a V star 650 and found that the replacement part did not come with properly color coded wires. Short version, I had the 2 wires reversed the first time. The bike ran but not well. My suggestion is to try the simple things first and try reversing the wires. You'll know right away if that is the issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jag,

The problem with what you're saying about switching wires is that these two wires have connectors on them - one large, one small - so a mixup isn't possible because there's no way a small connector would fit on a large bladed post...I'm still thinking it'll be the coil itself, and will look further into the Delphi site.

Thanks!

Maitai

1 - 5 of 5 Posts