Motorcycle Forum banner

Opening the carburetor

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  bpe 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
I have a peugeot elyseo 125 that I am trying to improve. I am opening the bad boy to disassemble and clean the carburettor (first time, I am a noob), and I am having problems in disconnecting the carb from the engine. The tube connecting the two parts is tightened by a iron ring that I am not sure on how to loosen. See pictures attached
Auto part Fuel line Automotive fuel system Fuel pump Pipe
Auto part Metal Fuel line Automotive engine part
. Does anybody have an advice on how to loosen it? Much appreciated

See less See more
#2 ·
I believe that's a one use clamp. Meaning you have to destroy the clamp to remove it unless by chance there might be a special tool for removal purposes. I do know it takes a special tool to install it.

#4 ·
I believe just your standard radiator clamp will do just fine depend on whether there is an indent requiring the use of the narrower clamp. If it's smooth then good to go.

#10 ·
I will buy a side cutter (Like this)
I just use a narrow screw driver and break that kind of clamp. You still have to be careful not to break something else but since you are replacing it anyway, whatever works to get it off.(y) (y) (y)

#9 ·
And just in case I break everything, do you have any idea on how can I figure it out the name of a carburettor compatible with my scooter (Peugeot elyseo 125)? It’s not under production anymore so I was looking for a compatible substitute. Unfortunately I do not know how to search for it beside the “carburettor Peugeot elyseo 125” simple research.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.