Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I have a peugeot elyseo 125 that I am trying to improve. I am opening the bad boy to disassemble and clean the carburettor (first time, I am a noob), and I am having problems in disconnecting the carb from the engine. The tube connecting the two parts is tightened by a iron ring that I am not sure on how to loosen. See pictures attached
6F560AC5-D085-4370-AC19-547E86F7D932.jpeg
FC743EA8-868F-469B-A3C5-ACD30C85083B.jpeg
. Does anybody have an advice on how to loosen it? Much appreciated

·
American Legion Rider
18,531 Posts
I believe that's a one use clamp. Meaning you have to destroy the clamp to remove it unless by chance there might be a special tool for removal purposes. I do know it takes a special tool to install it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that's a one use clamp. Meaning you have to destroy the clamp to remove it unless by chance there might be a special tool for removal purposes. I do know it takes a special tool to install it.
Many thanks, this is a good piece of information. I will research for the name of tool, and also figure it out if I can substitute it afterward with a less onerous ring.

·
American Legion Rider
18,531 Posts
I believe just your standard radiator clamp will do just fine depend on whether there is an indent requiring the use of the narrower clamp. If it's smooth then good to go.

·
Premium Member
6,525 Posts
The marine stores should have a superior version of a hose clamp, if needed. Available in stainless steel and different widths. Usually regular hose clamps work okay.

UK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And just in case I break everything, do you have any idea on how can I figure it out the name of a carburettor compatible with my scooter (Peugeot elyseo 125)? It’s not under production anymore so I was looking for a compatible substitute. Unfortunately I do not know how to search for it beside the “carburettor Peugeot elyseo 125” simple research.

·
American Legion Rider
18,531 Posts
I will buy a side cutter (Like this)
I just use a narrow screw driver and break that kind of clamp. You still have to be careful not to break something else but since you are replacing it anyway, whatever works to get it off.(y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just use a narrow screw driver and break that kind of clamp. You still have to be careful not to break something else but since you are replacing it anyway, whatever works to get it off.(y) (y) (y)
Interesting, do you have a special technique to do it with a simple screwdriver?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts