Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, we gotta do a little intro, do we? Alrighty then, my name is, uh...Travis. I'm about all set to make this 2001 Triumph Tiger 955i into my little humble abode on the road. Getting the kinks sorted, and getting on to final preparations.

Gonna be frequenting this forum fairly regularly, I should think. Been living outside for three years when I decided that rent and mortgages are for the birds. Want to take that lifestyle to the road now and experience all those things that a white picket prison fence just isn't suitable for.

My doggo will be comin' with in my Kuryakyn Grand Pet Palace. Luggage, bike mods, hammock sleep system, hygiene, clothing, etc., have mostly been acquired and accounted for. Got my leather making kit for supplementing my on the road income.

No particular places in mind beyond some generalities, so trip advice will definitely be sought after.

So... welcome to my insanity.

P.S. Apologies to all the gorgeous ladies out there who are just DYING to ride at my back- I already chose my doggo. View attachment 66445

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I'm out of Daytona Beach, FL, my dog's name has yet to be determined (he has trouble making up his mind), and I'm 36 (?). Would love to hook up with some ol' heads of the road to get in touch with my inner road warrior. Was that last bit cheesy? I feel like it was cheesy... yeah, I'm stickin' with it anyways.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from northeast Ohio. It sounds like you are embarking on a journey many only dream about, having too little courage or too many entanglements to actually try.
It's not without it's trials, but, yeah... I'm all about it. It's no longer just a dream. Been cooped up for far too long.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts

I never had a job where I could work while on the road. Are you planning on working to keep traveling or did you hit the lottery? Good luck in your travels.(y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
View attachment 66461

I never had a job where I could work while on the road. Are you planning on working to keep traveling or did you hit the lottery? Good luck in your travels.(y)
Yeah, I won the lottery- it's called the government stimulus! No, seriously...theft. Primarily theft. Oh, gosh dang it, I meant leather crafting! Sheesh! Mouth gets ahead of me sometimes.

As I'd said above, I have a leather crafting set I'm bringing [Edit: accidentally referencing another post of mine here- sorry][Edit to my edit: I DID reference the right post! Lol! I'm a mess.]. I'll be selling what I make online. To supplement THAT there's always quick odd-jobs country wide that need doin'.

If my money runs out, I'll stop till I have money again. Shrug Not really overly complicated if you're a bit industrious. Hell, I'll rummage for recyclables to cash in if it comes down to it! The only thing I won't be able to afford? Being picky.

·
Visionary
4,624 Posts
Welcome Travis and good luck in your adventure!
Since you have no where to go in a hurry I'd suggest you start in Florida, ride north till you see mountains, then ride the whole blue ridge parkway from Tennessee through Virginia, go up Mount Washington in New hampshire,ride through the corn fields of Iowa and the black hills of South Dakota, on your way to ride the Pacific coast highway. Start in Florida and string those together and you are set up for an epic road trip.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Yeah, I won the lottery- it's called the government stimulus! No, seriously...theft. Primarily theft. Oh, gosh dang it, I meant leather crafting! Sheesh! Mouth gets ahead of me sometimes.

As I'd said above, I have a leather crafting set I'm bringing [Edit: accidentally referencing another post of mine here- sorry][Edit to my edit: I DID reference the right post! Lol! I'm a mess.]. I'll be selling what I make online. To supplement THAT there's always quick odd-jobs country wide that need doin'.

If my money runs out, I'll stop till I have money again. Shrug Not really overly complicated if you're a bit industrious. Hell, I'll rummage for recyclables to cash in if it comes down to it! The only thing I won't be able to afford? Being picky.

Well keep us posted with your adventures. I’ve been all the places I care to go but for others, reading about it is as close as they’ll get.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome Travis and good luck in your adventure!
Since you have no where to go in a hurry I'd suggest you start in Florida, ride north till you see mountains, then ride the whole blue ridge parkway from Tennessee through Virginia, go up Mount Washington in New hampshire,ride through the corn fields of Iowa and the black hills of South Dakota, on your way to ride the Pacific coast highway. Start in Florida and string those together and you are set up for an epic road trip.
Well, I've yet to get to Miami, so I figured I'd head that'a'way first just to see what all the danged commotion is about. THEN I'll ride North! Lol. I like your method of thinking, though. Sounds about right for an initial road trip. Stretch it out a few months. Lounge around. Enjoy the views. Hike some trails. Eat some real food at some point over some coals. REALLY gotta work on my outdoor cooking skills (open to suggestions for an outdoor cookbook that's as simple as banging two rocks together)!

Being as it's soon to get hotter'n'hell down here: northwards sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im 47, unemployed, obsessed with motorcycles, live with my Mom, and act like im still in High school.
Well...ummm...damn. That sucks. Think I may have been referring to my midlife crisis in a more stereotypically perceived light.

You wanna throw a tent up next to mine? It'll solve at least ONE of those problems!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts