Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody want to comment on what happened this morning? I just live 1/8 mile down this street. What I'm worried about is I had a heart attack and put 2 stents in 12 months ago and still on medication. Not good if I had gotten my ankle caught/broken. Am I a higher risk factor??? Not a good morning? But, it has really been on the forefront of my mind when my cardiologist gave me a look on the way out of my last visit when he asked if I rode to the appointment. I believe I saw the ticket book out after they let me go then went home and drove to work. I've iced down my right side/hip but see no bruising yet.

Edited: Do I need to divulge my medical condition, prescriptions really, for insurance purposes? My cardio gave me 6 months til the next scheduled visit. Ironically this is the same spot where 20 years ago a student had a seizure and hit me head on going the same way to an appointment. The emergency room doctor was disgusted because he had treated him 2 weeks previous when someone had to save his life when swimming in a pool. Family history of seizures. And yes a teacher did provide her card as a witness before going to class. I'm not judging but you shouldn't get into arguments with witnesses and assisting officers at the scene of an accident.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Apparently you just look too comfortable sitting on that ultimate seat.

Was she on the phone when she hit you?

Is this close to the same place you had to lay it down under a car?

·
American Legion Rider
23,521 Posts
I have to ask. Was she on the phone before she hit you too???

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently you just look too comfortable sitting on that ultimate seat.

Was she on the phone when she hit you?

Is this close to the same place you had to lay it down under a car?
I don't believe so. No its about a mile away.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
I'm glad you weren't hurt any worse. Hopefully you are feeling better today. Take care Tank.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good thing you had those crash bars.... Its my understanding that in most cases, with the rarest of exceptions, that hit from behind lands fault on the driver in the rear. Unless it could be proved for example that you were launching from a light for instance and were accidentally in reverse gear as a for instance to this rule.

·
Biker
1,483 Posts
From Tankhead,"Edited: Do I need to divulge my medical condition, prescriptions really, for insurance purposes?

I would not talk to anyone but a family lawyer or your primary care physician, who I am sure would know all laws about this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts