Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever looked for a tool everywhere except where it is supposed to be? Okay �� everybody be honest.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
All my tools are always in the last place I look. Doesn't seem to matter if that is where it is supposed to be or not :)

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Pfffffft.....
I've looked all over for a 7/8 wrench that was in my back pocket before.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Just recently, lying under a Volkswagen I couldn't find a wrench I was using.. I hadn't moved from the spot but I couldn't find it anywhere.

It was right next to me.

I should see a doctor...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
well no, my tools are never where they are supposed to be, my wife loves using them and never ever puts them back.......

However, I have looked every where for my glasses to end up finding them on my face.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Had that problem years ago. Since all my former teen-age kids got grown and flew the coop I don't have that problem any more.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
Do it all the time... end up finding it in the stupidest of places usually lol

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
billo said:
Have you ever looked for a tool everywhere except where it is supposed to be?
The ONLY time I've done that is right after I've made a change from where it was to a newer location because it made more sense. For some reason the next time I went to find the tool, it no longer made sense and I was looking for it at the older location.:confused: That's frustrating when you realize what makes sense doesn't.:mad:

Make sense?:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking for my come along.....looked everywhere...it was right where it belonged......I am glad I'm not the only one

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
When I use my tools, I lay them out with the part and its fasteners that I have removed, so that I have them right there, for the reassembly. Then the tools go back in their proper location (have I blown it sometimes, SURE).

The BIGGEST trouble I have had with locating my tools, has been because the wife goes out there, gets a tool, and then shoves it in a drawer in the house.

-Soupy

·
8,579 Posts
I probably have 10,000 tools and I can't even find a decent phillips head screwdriver:mad: Every job I attempt takes twice as long due to looking for the right tool.:frown:

Sam:biggrin:

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
That is why I am glad there is a hardware store near by. Don't waste time looking buy a new one. You never have to use it because the old one shows up by the time you get back.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
I probably have 10,000 tools and I can't even find a decent phillips head screwdriver:mad: Every job I attempt takes twice as long due to looking for the right tool.:frown:

Sam:biggrin:
I feel your pain, I'm currently the only guy working out of this five bay shop, since I generally have 2-4 jobs going at a time, I have to have spares of lots of stuff. I still end up searching for the simplest of things.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Y'all have made me feel much better knowing I have such fine company.

If I had all the time back I've lost looking for things in plain sight I'd be half my age!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I've also gone out a bought a tool that I needed, only to discover I already had one but had forgotten about. It happened just the other day when I needed a square head screwdriver bit and after driving to Lowes and buying one, using it to tighten the two square head screws, then I needed to decide where to store this drill bit. When I thought of the right place, right there was another square head drill bit staring at me. I guess its OK to have a spare, but I hope I don't forget again and buy a third one!

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Yep, those logical places to store items can be the best darn hiding places going.:mad: :thumbsdown:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts