Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It occurs to me, that the new Centigrade scale, can be used as a 1 to 10 scale for determining my ride quality. With 10 being acceptable, and 1 being forget it, or unacceptable, or only in extreme circumstances. Zero and 1 are freezing. five is 40F, and 10 is 50. Right now it is zero outside, and blowing hard. So forget it.
We also got five inches of snow last night, and five more today. Continuing with the downward gloom, our local ferry shut down Sunday afternoon and evening. Trees came down and the power went off. They made one sailing late in the evening with the Hydro fixit crew.

Remember Hee Haw. Doom and gloom misery and pain. Actually it is Gloom despair and agony on me.

UK

·
MOD / Rider / Mechanic
1,507 Posts
Snow mobile time then?

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Well we got our snowfall this year so now it's time for spring. Looks like we are starting too with our yoyo or rollercoaster swings in temps. 70's or near 70's yesterday and are headed to upper 20's by Saturday morning and stay at those low morning temp for a week or more. High's only in the 40's but slowly climbing again. So I think we are in yoyo season.:D :D :D

·
Registered
977 Posts
I will ride from 4*c to 49*c (about 25 to 120 f). I don't mind the wind or rain so much, but avoid ice and snow if possible, running hypersport tires and they don't do well in the white stuff!!!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,550 Posts
We have had a mild winter so far

·
Premium Member
9,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are nudging 5 or 40 today. There will be a huge amount of melt run off. The blade is not on the tractor, so I will not plow. Probably be one week before the white **** leaves the roads.
At least I made the right decision and used the van cage for my last trip to the mainland.
Production has stalled with shed fixing and building. February is likely for the new cottage foundation.

UK

·
Registered
20 Posts
This year has been crazy. I live in upstate new york. It was in the 50s most of last week. Now they're saying we might get below zero. This morning it snowed like crazy and made it look like a winter wonderland. And now it has basically all already melted and the sun is shinning and its back in the mid 40's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.