Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
19 years since new but finally it needs attention other than mine:

Fully charged but won't start! I tried everything I could think of but I think it's a bad starter and it's very hard to get to.

There are so many starter interlock/ safety device switches it could be any one of them.

Full service while there---the whole Tamale :)

Sam

·
American Legion Rider
18,880 Posts
Oh crap, that's a new tractor. It ain't the old Fords that you can fix with baling wire and go. I went red instead of New Holland stuff. They aren't made here either so who's knows what's hidden under the hood. If I was tearing into one I'd be removing every safety switch I could find. Good chance one or more are causing problems or will. With that trailer you could have a real tractor. ha ha ha ;) ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
Disconnect the battery, remove the heavy wyre from the starter motor, undo two bolts, wiggle and remove. Take to fixit shop. $90. Reverse operation and you are good to go for another 50 years.
Oh, you say that is not a 9N. Pity.

UK

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
There is a cable attached to the tractor between the rear wheels. Out of site to the left, are a bunch of folks pulling hard. Or a winch.

UK

·
6,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Biggest winch ya ever did see!!!!!!!!!!!!! That trailer was not only long---almost as long as Krusty's island paradise, but it articulated up and down and tilted too.

S&H Tractors, a big business in several midwest cities sells equipment of all sizes, with tractors that make mine look like a Can-Am spyder, to Combines that will fit in that trailer length wise but stick out on the sides maybe 5 feet on each, that requires a 'pilot' vehicle in front and back!

My Son Aaron and I are going to another big Farm show in Enid, Oklahoma this Thursday morning to set up online advertising monitor's, Computer's and point of sale stations for one of our big IT, ISP and advertising accounts so I will see enough brand new Farm equipment to stimulate me for a month! I'll take some pictures:)

Sam

·
American Legion Rider
18,880 Posts
Those are very dangerous places to attend Sam. Trust me on that. As bad if not worse than bike shows.;) ;) ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts