• 2nd Amendment Device

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
OK, so I am ignorant. Defense against what? Most people, riders or not, are decent enough so I do not perceive a threat. I ride the same way I walk around. I usually carry a pocket knife but it is not for defense, it is to open things that have been taped closed or more often to use one of the many tools in my Swiss Army knife, like the scissors or the tiny saw for example.

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
I guess it depends on the location. For instance, I highly value my CCW license here in Tucson due to all of the illegal drug trafficking (being about 70 miles from the Mexican border).

·
7,253 Posts
Drug trafficking is everywhere now. Most rural areas are just what Meth cookers like for their drug labs.

A stoned crack or meth head, seeing you broke down or stopped on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere, would steal everything you've got just to buy another hit or fix. Hurt or kill you or your family is meaningless to an addict going down.

As this scenario plays out, I'd rather pull my jacket aside, showing my piece than pulling my cell phone. Knowing that a person has a weapon is a big incentive for the doper or parole skipper, escaped felon or liberal, to seek an easier target.

Brandishing is against the law but if the CCW carrier informs Law enforcement about the confrontation nothing is ever litigated that I've heard of. If it is, the offense is a very minor one.

I guess a person could just ask the stoner if he'd give you some time to call 911 or maybe pose for a picture or better yet, a selfie with the 2 of you. How special.:)

Sam:)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Brandishing is against the law but if the CCW carrier informs Law enforcement about the confrontation nothing is ever litigated that I've heard of. If it is, the offense is a very minor one.
Not all states respect the 2nd amendment, California being one of them. If you Brandish a weapon here you will go to jail and if you have a carry permit you will most likely lose it. Reality is they give out very few carry permits here.

The other thing it defense while you are riding, you just don't have much of a defense. My ex brother in-law was a cop and rode a lot, he said he would do just about anything to avoid road rage because he knew how vulnerable he was on a bike.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
...If you Brandish a weapon here you will go to jail and if you have a carry permit you will most likely lose it. Reality is they give out very few carry permits here...
I don't understand. What would be the point of having concealed carry if you WILL get in trouble if you use the gun?
Is it the point that you choose to carry a gun because you'd rather be "alive in jail than dead on the street?"

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Apparently an outspoken "anti-gun" state senator from Missouri was arrested recently and found to be in possession of a loaded handgun and extra rounds.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I don't understand. What would be the point of having concealed carry if you WILL get in trouble if you use the gun?
Well because this is California, and that is how anti gun liberals think.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
That's why pelosi and feinstein had conceal carry permits until word got out about them. California is full of hypocrites.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
California is full of hypocrites.
Hypocrisy isn't limited to California. McCain, speaking of congress said "if hypocrisy was a virtue, all these people would be saints."

As for going down hill, I'll take the fifth, I can see us getting in trouble with that topic. My sis reads this forum.

·
American Legion Rider
20,586 Posts
Don't worry Blaine. We started going down hill way before that. You got to go back to the time you had to be a land owner to vote. That's when it started. When that qualification was removed. When people don't have a stake in the game they'll vote for anything. There's the problem. As far as I'm concerned anyway. So see, I saved you from your sister.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
I don't know when we started going down hill, but we definitely took a serious nose dive when we started letting non-citizens and dead people vote.

:)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I don't know when we started going down hill, but we definitely took a serious nose dive when we started letting non-citizens and dead people vote.

:)
The thing that irritates me is they allow prisoners here the right to vote., :mad:

And hey why not, right? After all they've proved themselves to be good decision makers LOL why can't they still influence political campaigns from behind bars?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts