Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not been on a bike in just over 10 years.

Miss it a ton and despite having a 4 year old and warnings of the dangers, I'm looking to ride again. Don't have the budget for a new bike so will seek advice on some good used naked bikes.

Look forward to riding again soon.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I wonder if there are very many folks out there that "used to" ride that don't miss it. Funny how it seems to call people back. :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Funny how it seems to call people back. :)
It is a virus. Once it is in your system, you have it for ever!

I rode from age 15 to 20-something and stopped when I moved away from home to get married.

In my early 30s, I started riding again but gave it up a few years later because insurance rates up here went nuts.

At 65 I picked up a 1962 Honda 50 to restore and 3 months later there were 3 bikes in the garage!

Welcome back Nekkid!

·
Justa anutta Human......
728 Posts
I'm 60 n driving a sportbike........LOL
Not no where ready to kick it back quite yet...
I still enjoy the 150+ MPH once in a while....
Hell if i had a liter bike i'd do the 185 once in a while....

:71baldboy:

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
Know Many that came back to it after giving it up for as long as 30 years .. Other Sooner .. Even gave it up myself for 4 years .. Late Wife was fighting Cancer which finally Lost the Battle .. But still decided to wait 2 more years until Retired and could truly enjoy it Full Time .. Which I have for the Past 10 Years .. Welcome Back to Riding ..

·
Justa anutta Human......
728 Posts
I myself spent 6 years speed boating n 5 years atving more then biking.
Then decided at 58 the pounding of that was to had on my body....
Now just sportbiking......
I have it set up with saddles for touring tho, but.....
Still enjoy the get it up n go of the sportbikes....

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
I too gave it up for 5 years after my wife had a crash on her bike. Did it to support her fear of it at that point. Was a wasted 5 years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A lot of us have taken some time off. I sold my bike when my son was growing up, started riding again when he graduated from HS. Picked up where I left off. Welcome back. Oh, and you're not an older rider if you have a 4 year-old. I claimed to be one at 63 and was taken to task by all the "real" older riders here.

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,166 Posts
Haha older rider here 29 year riding, 26 years on the road but still only 42, oh yeah plan on going another 58 years.

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Danger

I've not been on a bike in just over 10 years.

Miss it a ton and despite having a 4 year old and warnings of the dangers, I'm looking to ride again. Don't have the budget for a new bike so will seek advice on some good used naked bikes.

Look forward to riding again soon.
I do not view it as a danger, any more than driving the belch mobile.
Belch mobile got hit by a drinking driver. Best crash was being hit side on by a Pontiac doing 60. I was not the driver. Another crash as a passenger at an intersection. One crash in the snow.
Zero crashes on a motorcycle on the public highways. Ride defensively all the time. No need for crashes. Welcome back.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts