Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy some vintage type leather jeans, not armoured ones, im after some good quality ones like Lewis leathers was years back. I got rid of my gear back in the 80s and im back to biking again ive got a good cow hide Lewis type but need some jeans 34" waist anyone got a pair hanging about they would like to sell. Im not.far from Chelmsford Essex. Anyone know of any shope or suppliers in essex.

·
8,572 Posts
In the United States, only the "Village people," wear full leather jeans:)

Sam

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,671 Posts
Personally, I can't think of any situation where leather jeans are a good idea... ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
In defense of leather pants, they do a better job of protection than ass-less chaps...more so considering where the bulk of the lower body sliding tends to occur.

And there's plenty of Village People chaps action too. ;)

·
Registered
809 Posts
I agree they do a better job of protection, but leather pants are not as comfortable in my experience, and chaps are easier to get on and off. I like the ability to take them off and go with jeans when I reach my destination, without having to get butt naked. I can pull chaps off in public without getting arrested.

In defense of leather pants, they do a better job of protection than ass-less chaps...more so considering where the bulk of the lower body sliding tends to occur.

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Personally, I can't think of any situation where leather jeans are a good idea... ;)
Full leather pants, I wouldn't call them jeans, literally saved my butt in January 2012. Or rather it saved me from having a raw butt. They are great for winter riding but if the temps change and get warmer during the day like it does here, chaps are better in the long run.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well after sixty years of biking mostly 1,000 cc bikes with no accidents i would not like to wear these armoured plated ones ok if your going to war, secret is dont hit telegraph poles as most modern bikers do or crash into parked cars or go round bends faster than your capabilities. Then you dont need armour plated suits. :)

·
Premium Member
8,909 Posts
Pants.

I have both.
The pants / jeans are easier to put on and remove, they are more comfortable and warmer. Have a zip down the outside of each leg.
Made in Pakistan for the Canadian Motorcycle Company.
There is a store in Langley BC that has many pairs.
The bottom part of the leg is extra long, and you trim for length.

I had a set of Lewis Leathers. Was there in 1971 the day after Agostini was there. Measuring guy said I had the largest forearms of anyone he had ever measured.

Unkle Krusty*

·
Ace Tuner
2,909 Posts
Leather overpants. Zippers up the outside of each leg. Put em on over your jeans. Warmth, protection and convenience. (Covers your butt). ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have both.
The pants / jeans are easier to put on and remove, they are more comfortable and warmer. Have a zip down the outside of each leg.
Made in Pakistan for the Canadian Motorcycle Company.
There is a store in Langley BC that has many pairs.
The bottom part of the leg is extra long, and you trim for length.

I had a set of Lewis Leathers. Was there in 1971 the day after Agostini was there. Measuring guy said I had the largest forearms of anyone he had ever measured.

Unkle Krusty*
Ive never heard of leather jeans with zips on outer leg but sounds pretty good to even me a lover of the real Lewis leathers from the 50/60s anyone with a pair of thede for sale in a 34". Waist id be veryyyyy intetested.....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well after sixty years of biking mostly 1,000 cc bikes with no accidents i would not like to wear these armoured plated ones ok if your going to war, secret is dont hit telegraph poles as most modern bikers do or crash into parked cars or go round bends faster than your capabilities. Then you dont need armour plated suits. :)
And when all else fails, you can always lay 'er down. Life saving loud pipes also reduces the need for gear. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts