Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha Royal Start Blvd.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all:

Recently acquired a 2000 Yamaha Royal Star and have a line on an old Vetter Terra Plane sidecar. It's a bit ugly but appears pretty solid. I highly doubt there's a specific mounting hardware kit to put a sidecar that old on a 2000 bike.

Any thoughts on attaching it? Would most custom shops be able to fabricate something or would I need a shop that specializes in sidecars? Any suggestions in Wisconsin?

Never had a sidecar rig before but my 80 pound lab won't sit nice behind me! lol

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Greetings all:

Recently acquired a 2000 Yamaha Royal Star and have a line on an old Vetter Terra Plane sidecar. It's a bit ugly but appears pretty solid. I highly doubt there's a specific mounting hardware kit to put a sidecar that old on a 2000 bike.

Any thoughts on attaching it? Would most custom shops be able to fabricate something or would I need a shop that specializes in sidecars? Any suggestions in Wisconsin?

Never had a sidecar rig before but my 80 pound lab won't sit nice behind me! lol

Thanks

Bob
UK has a sidecar and he's quite capable. He'll help steer you in the right direction :)

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha Royal Start Blvd.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post a pic side on of the RHS of the bike. UK
Sorry for the delay - the bikes been in storage and I thought the sidecar had been sold. The seller just reached out and his sale fell through. I'll try to post a pic of the right side tonight.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Never cared much for trikes or sidecars, but years ago, when I was riding an '82 Honda Goldwing Aspencade, I found a Terraplane (? spelling) sidecar in a little town in southeast Kansas. Was more money than I could pay but if I was going to get a sidecar, that one was it. It was beautiful.
Good luck getting it.

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
25,294 Posts
I never much cared for trikes either but when my balance became questionable, rather than wuss out I tricked instead. I’m coming to the conclusion you really have to want to ride to trike because it takes truly good riding skills to ride one. So it’s much easier to hate them.

Reactions: LawyerBob

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I still don't care much for trikes or sidecar rigs, but I expect the day will come when I will have to get one or the other.

I started out on a trike, I suspect I may end it on a trike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts