Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Im still new to the forum, but i just bought an old neglected 1980 Suzuki GS550L as a project. The thing had sat inside a shed for, i think 7 years so the thing is definitely a bit on the rustier side. I plan on tearing the whole thing down, sandblasting and powder coating everything that can be, and if it can't be

It turns over by hand no problem. I changed the oil, filter, and put a little oil down the cylinders. Hooked up a battery charger to the terminal and to my surprise almost everything works, even the starter. The only things that don't work is one
of the turn signals and the horn.

Its missing the seat and gas tank because i guess someone grabbed them a few years back

Does anybody know how available parts are for these bikes? And of any good place to get them?

·
Registered
501 Posts
The tires are shot, just by virtue of age. It is amazing how dangerous old tires become. There was a threat about that. Can't remember the details, but it scared me away from ever riding on old rubber!

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
After you get a 3rd post, you may need to ask this question in one of the other forums. I certainly don't know how available the parts are but I'm sure others do. They just don't watch the intro thread because of it being for introductions. But after that 3rd post you should be able to ask where it might get more attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts