Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
A friend gave me his old bike he had rotting away. A 72 honda cb350.
I found another guy selling an 80 cb400 parts bike. I bet it's a long shot but are any of the parts compatible?
I really need the tank as mine is rusted inside over every inch. Not sure if it's salvageable or not but if that 400 tank would fit that'd be a much nicer option.
Thanks for any input!

Mass

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum!:smile_big:

The bikes you mentioned are completely different models so I wouldn't count on parts swapping :crying:

Sam:nerd:

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Ya, especially with the spread of years between them. I'm sure you could make it work, but it might take some effort and fabrication.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darn that's unfortunate to hear....forgive my ignorance. I thought they looked fairly similar, so hoped I might get away with at least the tank.
Thanks for the quick response!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky find. I don't know how much is wrong with mine. I know the carbs need to be severely cleaned, tanks rusted to ****, the cables are all **** and the shifter linkage seems off....otherwise I'm not sure...pulled the plugs and feels like it has good compression.
I'd rather a 500 but hey, beggars can't be choosers

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
I was recently looking into buying a 1970 CB450 that a friend of a friend was selling. This one looked to be in pretty decent condition, and wasn't rusty. I talked to a local mechanic that specializes in old bikes. This bike was in running condition, but I had not seen it in person. This guys said that I was probably looking at $1500 to $2000 to make it a daily rider when all was said and done. I decided at that cost to just buy something newer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts