Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys. I'm an old fart who has been riding for almost 50 years; I presently ride a 20 year-old Honda Nighthawk 750. I ride fairly aggressively and can keep up on most group rides, but I know my limits and will pull over and let the kids on sport bikes pass.

I live in the north Atlanta, Georgia area. Most of the time you can find me in the mountains of North Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina. Every spring and fall I take at least one motorcycle camping trip with guys I grew up with. My bike is my escape from reality. No matter how bad things are, I have a 400 mile loop through the mountains that makes everything better.

I hope to learn some things and share some knowledge, and maybe meet some of you who play in the same backyard as me. I'm always looking for riding buddies. Looking forward to being here!

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Before I retired I use to frequently visit my company's office at Perimeter Center. I don't miss that traffic.

·
American Legion Rider
21,265 Posts
So is old over 65 or not. In the mean time....

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,857 Posts
Welcome aboard,

·
American Legion Rider
21,265 Posts
You're still a kid then.:D

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,857 Posts
Youngster. :)

·
So long
2,739 Posts
Not even old enough for full social security. :icon_cool:

If the government starts sending out blocks of cheese again and if you get one, THEN you can say you're old! :p

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
I've revised what I consider old and 63's not it! I firmly believe riding keeps us young. :D

Welcome to the Forum.

·
Premium Member
7,660 Posts
Ohg

63. Got my first bike at 14.
I remember age 63, was a good year. That is when I met Shirley. Will be 6 years for us this November. Getting the Old Age Security and Canada Pension Plan was exciting. Cheap fares on the ferry is neat. Bike insurance even went down a bit. I can not figure how I ever had time to go to work. 50 years should be enough.Too much to do at home. Have bikes and boats to work on, and next thing the lawn will need mowing.

What kind of bike are you riding?

Unkle Crusty* The little * is my sign to show I am over 65.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I remember age 63, was a good year. That is when I met Shirley. Will be 6 years for us this November. Getting the Old Age Security and Canada Pension Plan was exciting. Cheap fares on the ferry is neat. Bike insurance even went down a bit. I can not figure how I ever had time to go to work. 50 years should be enough.Too much to do at home. Have bikes and boats to work on, and next thing the lawn will need mowing.

What kind of bike are you riding?

Unkle Crusty* The little * is my sign to show I am over 65.
Riding a '95 Nighthawk 750.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello from Cali! I'm new to the forum too. Wife and I moved to Cali from Warner Robins, but she is originally from the Marietta area. When I first met her I would ride up every weekend to see her. That traffic was insane and I am glad she finally moved to my area to save me from wanting to shoot someone. Cali actually has a law to make it legal to ride between traffic. I think it is an abused law meant for air cooled bikes in traffic jams, but lots of bikes do it in 80 mph traffic.

·
lost
1,106 Posts
Cali as in Californ Eye A? or is there a Cali Georgia?

I thought lane splitting was only legal in California and was meant for use in slow traffic with the notion that you should not go more than 10 mph faster than the cars you're passing.

Welcome to the forum too, BTW

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Welcome from Northern Alabama. And Phoenix. And Southwest Colorado. Take your pick...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts