Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil lines left by cagers is not always a bad thing. I was on a road I don't normally ride and I happened to notice how close to the yellow line a trail of cager oil marks where going around a corner. Something told me I should move over more towards the right going into this corner. Sure as chit, here comes this semi coming around the corner, and half in my lane. If I had stayed where I normally do, I may have either been in a full body cast or not here at all.

Goes to say, it is worth every moment you spend being aware of your surroundings and keeping an eye on what the road looks like.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Dividing your lane into three separate portions, left right and middle, there are 27 different ways to go through a corner. That gives a lot of options that should be figured out before entering a curve.

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
You were, (zippy) whether you remember it or not, practicing what "S.I.P.D.E." is all about!! Good for YOU!! You GO girl!!

Are you coming on the Rhode Island ride in two weeks? I could USE someone like you, with your sense of awareness, keeping things together!!

-Soupy

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure with Dad going in for surgery. That and the fact that I haven't ridden with more than two other bikers before makes me worried I'd be the one to take down the whole pack...

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Well done Zippy. The more you notice about your surroundings the better rider you will be.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I strongly agree paying attention to your surroundings is the number one tool we have in avoiding a crash. Alot of times I have Capt Crash's voice stuck in my head saying "be aware of your surroundings" Guess I've watched too many of his funny videos!!! Now if we could get cagers to do the same, our mortality rate would improve!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts