Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site requests you introduce yourself as one of your first few posts so people know you are serious and not a hit and run type poster. Introductions found here ... https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introduction.305/
Hey guys, i have a Yamaha R3 (321cc) and i always used to put full synthetic oil Eurol 10w40.

Recently they told me to try motul semi synthetic Sae 10w40 but there is nothing that shows its made for motorcycles. The seller told me that it works for motorcycles and since i have a small engine and i dont get stuck in traffic or weather thats very hot i have no problem. Plus i dont speed or keep high rpms on it and only ride it on sundays.
Is this oil okay for me to use? And i always change it at 3k or 3.5k km

·
Visionary
4,073 Posts
I don't know how your oils are marked in your country but I don't see anything on that bottle that says it's wet clutch safe. In the USA it would say JASO MA or MA2 if it's designed for wet clutches, I thought that was a universal marking system but i could be wrong.
Maybe check on motul.com ?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Changing the oil more often than recommended has very little effect.....if any
Yamalube would be safe for sure

·
Registered
2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400
24 Posts
Mike is right on! The oil on motorcycles has to lubricate the wet clutch without making it slip and they have to withstand high shear forces in the transmission or gearbox. Using oil designed for automobiles in our bikes is a big NO NO! It will make your clutch slip and not protect your gearbox the way a motorcycle specific oil will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts