Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
Well THAT pic took me back!!! What'dya tryin to do bub.........give me the DT's again??? (lol).

Watch out for unexploded Ordinances.......I hear we left a TON of em behind!!

-Soupy

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Watching movies won't give you the DT's. Those come from alcohol withdrawal, or from withdrawal from other drugs.:)

Great picture above, by the way! Not sure I'd be willing to try riding over that bridge myself.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
For some reason I find this picture captivating... I just keep coming back and looking at it and finding more details. Kinda surprised to see what appears to be a pretty good field of corn.

As to riding across the bridge? A life time ago, I wouldn't have thought twice. Today? Probably get wet if I tried. :p

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well THAT pic took me back!!! What'dya tryin to do bub.........give me the DT's again??? (lol).

Watch out for unexploded Ordinances.......I hear we left a TON of em behind!!

-Soupy
Whew! When that pic showed up, I felt real scared, real fast. Upper berm, wide open across that stream. Gave me the shakes.

It is a nice pic tho.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,518 Posts
That is a great picture, but I would thing there is a greater chance that that is rice than it is corn.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
That is a great picture, but I would thing there is a greater chance that that is rice than it is corn.
I'd agree rice would be more logical. But the patch by the river looks like stalks with tassels and ears to my dim eyes. I wouldn't bet my last nickel on it though. :p

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Dude, it's a figure of speech. Yes, "movies" (just like pictures) can take shake up old memories and make you/me physically ill.

-Soupy
Okay, my bad. This is the first time I'd heard someone use a term used to describe a withdrawal symptom, to describe a PTSD symptom. (I don't pay much attention to either, so I am not all up on the terminology.)

So you were in Vietnam, Soupy? Thanks for your service! What was your MOS?

·
American Legion Rider
18,650 Posts
Okay, my bad. This is the first time I'd heard someone use a term used to describe a withdrawal symptom, to describe a PTSD symptom. (I don't pay much attention to either, so I am not all up on the terminology.)

So you were in Vietnam, Soupy? Thanks for your service! What was your MOS?
I'm pretty sure soupy was in the military Eye but not everyone in Vietnam was that provided much needed support. I'm at a site right now that has some heated conversation in regards to veterans and civilians supporting military. Has got quite emotional to say the least.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right now in Vietnam, the Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha are quite popular for the off-road bike. Honda 250cc is very useful for the dirt & mountain roads!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Vietnam

Right now in Vietnam, the Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha are quite popular for the off-road bike. Honda 250cc is very useful for the dirt & mountain roads!
Hi MV. 9 years since I've been riding in Vietnam, and back then Cuong's shop in Hanoi was the place to rent a trusty steed for the majestic sights in the far north. I hear there are a range of Honda CRF250's for rent these days. When did Vietnam lift its 175cc engine capacity limit? Are special permits required for bigger bikes? It's a gorgeous country to explore.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts