Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Today I rode my MT-07 to the Toyota valley region in Aichi Prefecture. The main place I wanted to go is called Korankei, but due to 1000's of tourists being there that day I gave up on the idea and just rode around the hills and took the bike off-road a little bit. Also went to check out an abandoned Onsen (hot spa). I hope you enjoy the video.

Please check out my website or Facebook page if you have time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! That is a fantastic video. I haven't seen much of the "off the beaten track" of Japan.

The trails look like they are in really good condition. Are they considered "trails" or "unimproved roads"? I like your bike too.

Thank you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T-Steve, that's a good question. I'm not entirely sure. They do appear on Google Maps, so I guess they are considered trails...if I had a more appropriate bike, there are miles and miles of them, but they are a bit too serious for my MT07 with normal road tires.

·
American Legion Rider
26,412 Posts
Who really cares. Ride them as far as you can then turn around if they turn to more than you dare. I do it all the time with gravel roads here. Sometimes finding a good turn around spot gets tricky though. Roads can turn to nothing but cow paths in a flash here. I tend to avoid those later if I remember. You can see country very few have seen like that. You would be surprised what your bike can do if pushed a little and sometimes I've had to be pushed. Glad my wife is a good sport in that regard. I try not to go too far but here roads can go bad rather quickly. Asphalt to gravel to dirt to cow path. All within 2 miles. And they don't warn you. I'm getting a little old to be getting caught like that now though. So I'm going to have to stop it or go ahead and trike, just so I don't fall down. Been way too close a few times. But no one can say my rides like that aren't exciting. :) :) :) Just do it. ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hogcowboy... No chance of finding a cow path in Japan. I don't think I've even seen a cow once over here. I heard most of them are up North in Hokkaido. Really want to go touring in Hokkaido next year. The only bummer is it's a 24 hour ferry trip from my city to Sapporo city. Not a big deal, but it means 2 days lost for travel to and from the place. Still...I really want to go

·
American Legion Rider
26,412 Posts
May as well get what you can when you can. You'll regret years later. I have one of those, should have, places that I'm still kicking my butt over. So do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts