Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I should receive the dunce of the week award. Just got my custom tank for my cb360 project now I know where the petcock hole is but there are two more holes that are on the bottom left and right near seat side ,, what are these two threaded holes for , they go all the way in to tank ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
more than likely they are the mounting holes....most stretched tanks are not all open for fuel...you wouldn't be able to get the last bit out of the bottom of them (I think lol) but like I said, they are more than likely mounting points for the back end of the tank

now just remember, I've never had a custom tank...so I may be wrong :coffee:

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
If they are open to the tank, they are probably for a crossover tube, to allow fuel to drain from the side opposite the petcock. My CB450 has welded-in crossover ports, for the same purpose.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
fuel guage?

They might be for some kind of fancy fuel guage or some kind of acessory that you come up with... after all ... it is a custom tank. Ask the guy that made it what they are for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Different Tank question will a 1986 GSXR-750 tank fit a 1986 GSXR-1100 I am pretty sure they are the same but looking to see if anyone else shares that opinion ... thx

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
According to the parts lists at Parts Outlaw, they are the same part number, assuming you don't include the California tank. Also, the 750R has a different tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts