Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
NOTOM --- updated truck description, etc

UPDATED DESCRIPTION:

Globe Arizona red FORD F250 2009+? diesel truck driver with apparent hard-on for Motorcyclists. Almost lost my best friend yesterday.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1036747

TRUCK IMAGE SIMILAR TO DESCRIPTION BY BIKERS:

[/QUOTE]

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
NOTOMOC --- Red F-250 Endangering Motorcyclists Globe AZ

NOTICE TO MOTORCYCLISTS

Two days ago (Sunday, January 11) the driver of a large, late-model (2009 or newer?) red, jacked up FORD diesel pick-up truck with oversized wheels/tires sporting one or two orange "whip" fiberglass flags attached to the rear bumper made what APPEARS to be a deliberate attempt to injure or kill motorcyclists riding with a group of peaceful Knights of Columbus riders in Miami/Globe Arizona.

At a stoplight the driver of the pickup "split" a group of stopped motorcyclists in separate two lanes at a speed of 60+ mph (in a 25) A rider in the right lane about to turn right to refuel reported that "had I not flinched, pulled my elbow in, I'd be dead right now" AND claims that the driver was doing "at least 70".

Under a false assumption the speeding truck was ALREADY under pursuit by police it was seen completely blowing through the NEXT redlight, again splitting vehicles stopped at a light on Hwy 60 somewhere near the 188 turnoff the Knights riders decided not to make chase. While the riders were lunching at Subway the truck was seen returning in the opposite direction.

My frequent riding partner reports being visibly shaken, and felt it was "The nearest to death I have ever come on a motorcycle." Moreover he AND the rest of the riders are 100% CONVINCED it was intentional behavior on the part of the driver of the red FORD pickup.

Although at least one unofficial member of the group was reportedly armed, a decision was made NOT to pursue and "school" the driver in favor of allowing law enforcement first crack at him.

Vehicle was PROBABLY a red Ford F250, 2009 or newer, not a crew cab / no topper according to ONE eyewitness, perhaps some sort of lettering on rear window according to another. Vehicle "lift" estimated at 6" by aprofessional auto mechanic riding with the group. Believed black wheels.

From the language and phrasing of the phone conversation held by one of the riders with a Globe police lieutenant it SOUNDED like they already know who the offender is. Perhaps this isn't his or her FIRST time harassing motorcyclists, or blowing redlights at 60+mph in such a small town.

Please be on the lookout for this pickup truck in the Superior/Miami/Globe Arizona region, east of Phoenix, along Highway 60/188 and report any ADDITIONAL incidents / harassment of motorcyclists and any additional vehicle details to the Globe Police department.(928) 425-5751

Stay safe! Take pictures but do not take any action yourself!

Truck SIMILAR in appearance to that barreling through the CENTER of the group of stopped riders:

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where's a cop when you need him?

:biggrin:
Lieutenant *** is gonna be knocking on that SOB's door any hour now. He's cornered, the Knights are 10+ eyewitnesses, and it's only a matter of time.

There just aren't that many red, lifted, F250's with an orange bumper-mounted whip in a town that small.

There are things nobody on this forum will ever know about *rider* and his past "associations." Driver should be incredibly, incredibly grateful it's ONLY the cops that are gonna be knocking.

CAREFUL JIM, YOU COULD LOSE AN ARM TEASING THAT LION! (Wild Kingdom...)

·
Hooker
921 Posts
That sucks. But, I'm kinda surprised to hear about an MC ride in which nobody happened to be carrying. Or willing to follow the guy home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts