Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Nebraska and I am 16 years old. I went into the DMV today to get a motorcycle learners permit, but it seems like it is an actual license with a motorcycle endorsement. The back on the card says nothing about having to ride 200 feet from a licensed adult, and it says I can operate a class O or M vehicle between 6am and 12 midnight! Its listed on the bottom that I have a motorcycle endorsement.

Help me out!!

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
and it says I can operate a class O or M vehicle between 6am and 12 midnight!
Every state has different restrictions for age as well as vehicle class.

You need to CALL the DMV and find out exactly what you have......and review the restrictions. If you are caught violating the restrictions, it might set your driving career back........maybe a LOT. :frown:

Even if you get an answer here, if I were in your position, I don't think I'd bank on it being correct.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You are probably going to have to call them. Per the website:

Operator’s License (Class O)
A Class O License authorizes a license holder to operate any motor vehicle except a motorcycle and commercial motor vehicle. Minimum age 17 if held POP for 1 year and have not accumulated 3 or more points during previous 12 month period, otherwise age 18.

Motorcycle License (Class M)
A Class M License authorizes a license holder to operate a motorcycle or three-wheeled motor vehicle. Minimum age 17 if held POP for 1 year and have not accumulated 3 or more points during previous 12 month period, otherwise age 18.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts