Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hoping to get in some more riding before winter sets in, but this year might be an early end of season. Temps are down in the 30's and we already had a light snow yesterday. Here it is the 30th of October, about 3 to 4 weeks before I usually cover the bike and hook up the Battery Tender, but that's what I did today. I know I can uncover it and get out for a ride pretty easily if the weather permits, but the forecast for the next two weeks is pretty cold and wet. At least I just changed the oil and put on new tires, so the bike should be ready to go come Spring.

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
Sure seems early to me too vito. I had my bike serviced 3 weeks ago and the only miles I've ridden since is the 2 hours it took to get back home. There have been a few days I could have ridden if life stuff didn't get in the way. But I'm short almost 5k miles this years. So yeah, I'm ready to ride and now look. 39º here but feels like 33º due to 94% humidity and 10mph wind with gusts to 19mph. I'd really hate to bundle up that much just for an hour or two ride. Playing on the computer instead is much warmer. :smile:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Sucks down here too. It was after noon before it broke 40 degrees today, and drizzling rain. Snow flurries are possible (but not likely) in the morning.

I'm not ready to put up the bikes yet, it might hit 55 next Sunday so I've got my fingers crossed. :)

·
On The Road Again!
4,204 Posts
We've been having the opposite weather here in New Jersey.
The last few days have been much warmer than usual for this time of year, shirt sleeve weather.....with rain.
Looks like it might turn colder towards the weekend though.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I expect to have at least two more months of riding. Of course, my commute is just twenty minutes each way. Just about the time my face starts to freeze, I'm walking in to a nice cup of hot coffee.

I haven't even put my windscreen on yet. I did let my beard grow out though. Thinking 25 degrees and sunny is the new cutoff, or 30 and cloudy.

·
On The Road Again!
4,204 Posts
Salt on the road is my cutoff.
I had one bike ruined by that ****.
Not going to happen again.

·
Premium Member
9,892 Posts
Today I insured the XS400 for another year. It is the main winter bike. For longer trips I will ride Noddy the Triumph, but park him around the end of November. The other winter bike is Yami with the side car. If it snows I will whine a lot and drive the van cage when needed. Sometimes I go somewhere on a bike, and get stuck there. Happened last winter. Deep Purple, the 400, spent a couple of weeks on the mainland.

UK

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I'm going to continue riding no matter the weather, though I'm very unhappy it's gotten so cold so soon. Sometimes my swim season doesn't end until early November. It ended mid October this year.

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
Its always bittersweet putting away the motorcycles for the season. But its a good thing I spent last weekend putting some summer toys away and prepping a few winter toys for the grandkids. Because nothing says happy Halloween like the four to six inches of snow we're getting today. ;)

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,142 Posts
Snowed last night about an inch. Blue skies this morning and 30 degrees with a 25 degree wind chill.:smiley_mornincoffee

Sam:)

·
American Legion Rider
26,003 Posts
Just keep that stuff up there thank you very much. :thumbsup:

Sent by one or two fingers.

Reactions: Porky

·
Visionary
5,272 Posts
Yeah, we aren't nerly done around here yet :)
et's hope for an easy winter, last year wasn't bad, after a rough start with that early snowstorm tings calmed down and my last ride of 2018 was on 12/31 and my first ride of 2019 was on 1/1
My thoughts exactly.
I'm looking forward to more riding here before the season ends.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,531 Posts
Holloween night it was 73, next morning after the storm moved through 40. This morning it was 30

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today is Nov 9, and the sky was sunny, the temps mid 40's, the road dry so I uncovered the bike, disconnected the Battery Tender, pulled the rags out of the pipes, and went out for a ride. Other than my legs, wearing just cotton jeans, getting cold, it was a great ride. Did about 55 miles in a about 75 minutes then called it a day. Pretty sure I am now actually done for the year.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Today would have been a nice day for a little ride. Nice sunny day with temps.in upper 50's, low 60's. Lots of bikes out today squeezing in those last ride of the season rides.

You can have a bumper sticker that says "Yes, this is my truck, No I will not help you move", but when wifey and daughter gang up on you, it really doesn't mean them, unless you like doghouses.

I did get $20 of diesel and a buffet dinner at KFC though, so it wasn't all bad. :)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,531 Posts
24 this am 41 was the high, no riding

1 - 20 of 21 Posts