Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I don't have a lot of riding experience, I pretty much took the motorcycle safety course in my area, and went and bought a gsx-r600 I had it for about 3 months before being cut off on the freeway making the mistake of slamming the break making the front swerve and slide got some road rash and a totaled gixxer, so here in am about 2 years later ready to get back out there I thought maybe a cruiser this time, I went to a Harley dealer and test drove a fourty eight which looks good but I don't like the shakiness and rattling in higher speeds I figured the more high end Harleys are smoother but more pricey, sooooo I'm in a dilemma I'm thinking of a ninja 300 but worried I will get tired of it fast but its budget friendly I'm wondering if anyone here has went down on a bike and how they felt about it

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I'd suggest getting a smaller and less expensive bike then what you REALLY want to be riding around on, and use that to learn to not crash.

Then get the bike that you really want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys , this is what I'll do than, makes sense and my wife wants to learn to ride soon, I'll pick up a used 300 and pass it along to her later on thanks for the advice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you pretty much take the course? Stand outside the range and watch?
I'm not really sure what you are trying to say? I was saying all the experience I had was completing the course and my 3 months on the street if that helps you, pretty much was just a reference, as if someone asked me I would say well pretty "much I've done this".... And continue with my answer.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Suzuki SV650 or SFV650 or Honda NC700X or CTX700 might be worth a look... Particularly if you find a deal on a used one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts