Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nightfly
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love this bike, a 2008 FXCWC Rocker. With the sitting position being what it is I probably could not ride it for long, it looks like a back killer. But to me it is a beautiful ride. The engine is a Screaming Eagle 120RX putting out around 146 HP with the help of RB racing pipes. Now if I could just get that kind of power out of my Sportster I'd be more than happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
That is a very nice design, TR. Everything just......works. It looks like a motorcycle should look. But at my age (and yours, I might add) I'd never make it over 100 miles before I'd be looking for a place to get off it and take a break. My back just won't take it anymore. Oh to be young, foolish, and single again. That would be in my garage right now.

·
Nightfly
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a very nice design, TR. Everything just......works. It looks like a motorcycle should look. But at my age (and yours, I might add) I'd never make it over 100 miles before I'd be looking for a place to get off it and take a break. My back just won't take it anymore. Oh to be young, foolish, and single again. That would be in my garage right now.
I don't know if I would make 100 miles on it. The seating position reminds me too much of the VRod, which I tried to get comfortable on but could not. Because of my riding style I rarely ride over 100 miles at a time. My bike is not built for long hauls, it is set up for acceleration and quickness. I wanted a Harley that could rev well past the standard 5500 RPM or so, and I have it. It's geared low and handles quite well. I mostly raise heck with the 4 cylinder crowd that find me an oddity that can keep up with them. Not all but I do surprise a few. This bike looks like it would be another to have a lot of fun with...

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts
I'm not sure how well those softails ride. Never had the opportunity to try one but there is no way a passenger would want to ride back there. Very cool looking bike though. Are you looking into buying it TR or maybe already bought it?

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
I like it. Simple. Clean. Stripped down to the bare essentials, 2 wheels, big engine, 1 seat and handlebars. Plenty of chrome and none of that blacked out **** that so many people like.
I never owned a Harley but that's one I would be proud to have in the garage.

·
Very Famous Person
10,009 Posts
I like it. Simple. Clean. Stripped down to the bare essentials, 2 wheels, big engine, 1 seat and handlebars. Plenty of chrome and none of that blacked out **** that so many people like.
I never owned a Harley but that's one I would be proud to have in the garage.
--

My Eluder has a lot of "blacked out ****" which works well if you don't like to clean the chrome every day (like I have to on my Road Star). Since I rode the Eluder 20,000 miles this summer, I would have spent a lot of time cleaning. :grin:

--

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,328 Posts
That Eluder may be on my Bucket list! I like it:grin:

It's heavy and beefy like I am but that doesn't make it a bad person:wink2:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Have looked at it, then gone back and looked at it again. Then did that again. I like it, then not so much. Definitely has the cool factor nailed down, but... Then I imagine trying to ride it. That's the only thing wrong with it, it's my age!

·
Nightfly
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
--

My Eluder has a lot of "blacked out ****" which works well if you don't like to clean the chrome every day (like I have to on my Road Star). Since I rode the Eluder 20,000 miles this summer, I would have spent a lot of time cleaning. :grin:

--
I have to d disagree Ron. I've owned many black cars over the years, and all had their share of chrome. Had a white Honda years ago , easy to keep clean, and my current Harley is blue and black, with lot of chrome. Black is beautiful but shows the slightest bit of dirt. Chrome, at least in my experience, while showing dirt, is not nearly as ugly when dirty and easier to clean. That's just MHO. And years of keeping both clean. You may have the exact opposite experience, I have not..

·
Very Famous Person
10,009 Posts
Have looked at it, then gone back and looked at it again. Then did that again. I like it, then not so much. Definitely has the cool factor nailed down, but... Then I imagine trying to ride it. That's the only thing wrong with it, it's my age!
--

I can imagine. If you're under maybe 60, it would probably be too much bike for you. :sad:

--

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
Clean the chrome every day? You must take great care of your bike!
I'm not that good to mine....I wipe (not polish, just a quick wipe with detail spray, maybe 5 minutes total) all the paint and chrome on my bikes every couple of weeks of daily use, or usually after riding in the rain if the chrome is totally coated in gray gunk and I can't stand how it looks. That's all the care it takes to keep it shiny enough for my taste, not nearly show quality but still enough shine to look good. The blacked out probably takes the same amount of care, so it comes down to preference.

--

--

1 - 18 of 18 Posts