Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The reason for becoming a member is that I know that Norwegian Tempo motorcycles were exported from Norway to a dealer in North Hollywood during the sixties. Model Cross only.
In that case I am interested in, if possible, to locate any surviving examples of the breed.
Does anyone know of any place that I can start searching or have any information about these motorcycles? Maybe this dealership is still located in Hollywood?
I have purchased an american magazine road test from back in 1965, that states price f. o. b North Hollywood was $498.00. :)
My interest in these motorcycles is coming from my granddad, that worked at this bicycle and motorcycle factory. I have grown up in Sandnes, Norway and still lives only 2 miles from the old factory building.

I will highly appreciate any replies regarding this inquiry.
In advance, thanks.

Regards,
Rolf, Norway

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I get an error stating that: To be able to post links or images your post count must be 15 or greater..
I will return With Pictures.

R.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Pretty cool looking bikes! I don't have any info on them regarding US importing though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Lance,

Thanks for your link tip. I can see there that some years ago a norwegian guy living in Kentucky got hold of a Tempo Cross using this forum, although modified probably for moto-cross racing at some point.
In Norway we have all Tempo models available, both original unrestored and restored ones. The Norwegian Tempo Club (Tempoklubben dot com) web site has some English language and a lot of pics if this is of any interest.
Regarding the US exported Tempo Cross models, these were slightly different than the standard norwegian version, with the 175cc engine compared to the 125cc in Norway in 1965, as the main difference.
I have also read somewhere that at least two US Cross models have been reexported to Norway in later years by members of Tempoklubben and a dealership of Tempo parts.

R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts