Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about going to Americade in 2016, a rally I have thought about but never gone to. Its about 950 miles from Rockford, IL so I would likely take 2 and a half or three days riding to get there. Have not yet looked into motels in Lake George but thought I'd ask about any other forum members planning on going to Americade.

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
I was discussing this same topic with an old friend of mine the other day. We have been trying to plan a tour together for a few years now and he mentioned Americade could be an option.

I am having knee surgery in January, so it also hinges on how much PTO I need to use while healing up.

If we get things rolling, and Americade is the destination; I will post up here.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck with the knee surgery. About 11 years ago I went through double knee replacement surgery and was unable to even consider riding for the first couple of years afterward. I did end up getting a Honda Silverwing mega scooter since it was a lot easier to get on and off than a regular motorcycle. After two years with the scooter I felt able to comfortably go back to a real motorcycle. Funny thing was that the scooter actually did a lot of things as well or better than a motorcycle, and with the fuller instrumentation, storage capacity under the seat, ABS, etc. I really took a step backwards in a way when I bought a motorcycle. But ultimately, the scooter is a scooter and I wanted a motorcycle.

Hopefully your surgery is less serious than a full replacement and you can be back on your bike within a few months. Good thinking to get the surgery done in the winter when you can't ride anyway.

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Arthroscopic surgery to either stitch or snip a torn meniscus. Shouldn't be too intrusive, but may put me out of work for a week or two which would eat up my vacation time till the end of July.
I'm old hat at this leg-joint repair business. This will be my 3rd surgery... do I get to claim lemon law?

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Good Luck with the knee surgery. Even though it's arthroscopic it still hurts. Keep us informed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts