Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
19,481 Posts
I just tell them that at least I’ve lived and looked eye to eye at death and still walking and riding. What have you done?

·
Registered
105 Posts
simply reply: you know, a really smart man once told me there's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people who ask questions. i guess you prove his point.

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
Dude, I'm only 20.
I just look old and weathered and banged up because I ride a motorcycle.
Just checking and to show I sometimes pay attention. In another thread you said back in the 80s when I was riding etc.
2020 minus 1985 is 35 I think, plus your age at the time, 22 or so, equals 37 or more.
Memory banks tell me the flexible flyers were on the street. More and more hp from the engines, but the frames were not up to it. Things got more better in the late 80s and in to the 90s.
UK

·
On The Road Again!
2,867 Posts
Memory banks tell me the flexible flyers were on the street. More and more hp from the engines, but the frames were not up to it. Things got more better in the late 80s and in to the 90s.
UK
Absolutely! My brother had one of those Kawasaki H2 750 bikes. That thing could go like HELL in a straight line, but the slightest curve in the road put you in imminent danger of death.
That was the WORST handling bike I've ever ridden. They say that the frame flex was what did it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just checking and to show I sometimes pay attention. In another thread you said back in the 80s when I was riding etc.
2020 minus 1985 is 35 I think, plus your age at the time, 22 or so, equals 37 or more.
UK
I guess the humor didn't show.
I'm actually 68 but I could pass for 65.

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
Still a young fellow. Most of my sarcastic type humour is wasted. A couple of the guys here are wise to it. I figured you were not 20. 68 is a good age. I would have to check my diary to see what I was up to. But I suspect it was the same as the year before, and the one after.
All the best. UK

·
Nightfly
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
You have to be careful with these old timers. Some may be in their 70's but look 82 and a sense of humour isn't always available to them. Being a curmudgeon often makes them feel good, about themselves. It's all good dude.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,005 Posts
Krusty has that Brit salty black humor. Most of it goes over a lot of heads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A. Is a 650 bike fast?
B. How many cc's do you need to go fast?
C. Feel the need to bring up the one story they know about a rider being killed.
D. Why my wife won't let me ride?
E. Don't you hate wearing all those clothes?
F. What kind of bike should I buy?
G. Is a Harley too heavy for me?

Just a few possibilities - you may have others.
One of the most annoying questions is “ When your riding across country what do you do when it rains??”

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
To tell the truth, I don't get any real annoying questions. People ask things they're curious about or sometimes make a comment just to be polite or start a conversation. The only annoying people are those who have never rode a motorcycle but they know how dangerous they are because their friend, cousin, uncle, _, (fill in the blank) was an expert rider and they got killed, almost killed, crippled for life, _, (fill in the blank) on a motorcycle.

And then start talking about how fast their deceased, almost deceased, or crippled _, would go, how far their deceased, almost deceased, or crippled _, could ride a wheelie, and they never have a clue I'm thinking "Your dead, almost dead, or crippled ____, was an idiot!"

Those people are annoying.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts