Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do y'all think of the Nolan N44? It's modular, and modular does not offer the same face protection as full face, but the N44 looks like it may provide even less.

BUT, webbikeworld says it offers the same benefits as a full face. The same? Really?

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
I can't say anything about Nolan but can about modulars in general. Yes because they do latch, that point is less structurally. But I've had the stupid misfortune to test them. What I've learned is you need to be certain you get them latched. In my accident I feel certain that mine was not actually latched so yes it popped open. Even with that I only had a small chip in a tooth to show for damage. The impact was hard enough to nearly put the helmet in two pieces. But I had no facial damage at all and I was knocked out for 45+ minutes which means the helmet had to do it's job or damage would have been much worse. That latching is the critical point though at any rate. I bought the exact same helmet as my replacement simply because of the lack of damage to me personally. The helmet took all the damage which sorta surprised me to say the least. I do not worry about modulars at all now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts