Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got a suzuki vl250 intruder as a starter bike, it ran perfectly for about 3 months then all of a sudden one day it started losing power and the lights flickering while riding/coming to a slow. I managed to get it home eventually, and for about 2 months ive been scratching my head - when i put the key in to start and push the starter switch, nothing happens. Ive gone to lengths to swap out the battery, solenoid and also the starter motor as i thought these may have been playing a part - but after thats all been said and done - im still at a loss as to what else i could be doing - is this something that is common? Ive read hundreds of posts but cant seem to narrow it down. P.s i have also individually tested the solenoid and also the starter by hooking it directly to the battery and it spins fine. Any help is appreciated!

·
On The Road Again!
4,341 Posts
My best guess is that you have short circuit somewhere.
A wire rubbed through and is grounding out somewhere.
Start going over all of the wiring looking for spots where
the insulation is rubbed off.

·
Visionary
5,407 Posts
Why did you change the starter and solenoid when the problem began while the bike was running?
Stop changing parts randomly, get a wiring diagram, and troubleshoot until you find the problem, it’s most likely a simple loose or broken wire or a short as others mentioned but you’ll never find it if you don’t start working methodically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts