Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I'm in dire need of some advice regarding my bike, as stated in description, I jet washed my bike yesterday as done a million times (although on reflection not a great idea), and when pulling out of the garage I noticed the instrument cluster was dead- no indicators, fuel gauge, speedo, trip/ mileage gauge- nothing!! But engine still runs and injection can be herd as normal. Anyway, checked all connections for water ingress, fuses but to no avail. I'm getting concerned that something drastic has happened which I could do without, but I thought I'd ask on here in case there is something to try I'm unaware of before I go cap in hand to the garage and give them a blank cheque.

Any help gratefully received.

P.s not 100% on the technical lingo so any comments dummed down as much as pos may save a lot of "what's a -" questions;-)

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
A few things could have happened. Water was trapped and caused a short, something got knocked loose, or it's completely unrelated to the washing.

I'd recommend never using a power washer on a motorcycle. They are fairly water-resistant, but high pressure hoses can force water in where it doesn't belong. That can play havoc with electrical systems and ruin lubricated bearings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts