Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another sad tidbit. Looks like they've gone for good, I really enjoyed reading their articles over the years on Motorcycle news. Not the same MCN as the UK version though. LINK: Notice - Motorcycle Consumer News

·
American Legion Rider
26,368 Posts
I saw that too and just got an issue with absolutely nothing in it to indicate a problem. Although they have been wanting everyone to go to digital only and I was going to do that very thing on my next subscription. Instead I now have to put a letter together requesting a refund for issues I won’t receive. It is a real shame. That’s the only subscription I bothered with. Everything else is full of advertising and reviews jaded by those advertisers. Big loss to the motorcycle community. :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were in publication for 50 years and started out as Road Rider, it was probably one of the better touring magazines with great writers. But times have changed, with everything being online nowadays, its only a matter of time before all the print newspapers and magazines are gone, and they are going fast.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That is sad to hear! I was just looking through an issue from a few years ago and planned on re-subscribing next month. Loss of a great source of information...

·
American Legion Rider
26,368 Posts
I just got around to reading my last edition and I found something interesting on page 3, the Lean Angle or something like that. Basically the editorial. Last month they made it sound like the MSF basic riding course was responsible for a fairly large number of deaths. Which this month MSF basically said it simply wasn’t true. But MCN said they sent a letter demanding documentation of several specific items about safety, deaths and what if any changes were made to lower the number of deaths and actually improve motorcycle safety. Then suddenly MCN closes shop. Not related? I wonder. If these basic rider safety classes are now operated by the states, doesn’t that mean MCN was starting a fight with the government? Seems curious to me now that I read that more than before I saw the two items in print. That song, I fought the law and the law won comes to mind but in this case change law to government. Didn’t anyone else see that?

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,983 Posts
I'm really saddened to hear about this. Years ago I subscribed to 7 or 8 motorcycle magazines. I looked forward to the mail especially in the winter when these mags served as my substitute for actual riding. Over the years several have gone by the wayside, but I am caught by surprise that this venerable magazine was going under. I guess now I will be down just to Rider, which ironically was the first motorcycle magazine that I started to get back about 35 years ago.

Any recommendations for other motorcycle mags that I might not be aware of?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts