Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm 16, building a Ninja 250 shifter kart, I've hooked up the wiring, all original loom, no aftermarket accessories and the engine turns over, fires once, then blows the main 30A fuse, this has happened two or three times now...

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
@Papasta
It would sure be nice and appreciated, if you would introduce yourself to the community in the New Member Introduction forum. Folks tend to open up more if they believe they know someone just a little bit. 馃憤

Reactions: Papasta

Visionary
Something is changing once it fires up to blow that fuse, perhaps something in the charging circuit, stator, rectifier, regulator, or maybe once it fires up a relay closes that's supposed to do something at that time like turn on the headlight etc and that circuit has a short in it?

I'd start by checking those things, and if nothing is obvious try looking at a wiring diagram and isolating as much as you can, connect just the bare minimum to get it running, then once the problem goes away start re-connecting till you find the problem.
Keep us in the loop, I want to hear how this works out, and post some pictures too!

Reactions: Papasta
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.