Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
A lot of the time, a nickname is 'given' to you by other members. Once you earned that name, it's yours. Be patient. When I was riding with a Club, everybody was 'Awarded' their name by their actions or something silly they did.

Example: One night, years ago, our Club was camped out in the wood away from everything. During the night, Tom start sleep walking. He went around and woke everybody up yelling at us to move out of the way as the Train was coming and we were on the tracks! Forever after, His name was Choo Choo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of the time, a nickname is 'given' to you by other members. Once you earned that name, it's yours. Be patient. When I was riding with a Club, everybody was 'Awarded' their name by their actions or something silly they did.

Example: One night, years ago, our Club was camped out in the wood away from everything. During the night, Tom start sleep walking. He went around and woke everybody up yelling at us to move out of the way as the Train was coming and we were on the tracks! Forever after, His name was Choo Choo.

See this club, you have to pick the nickname and such..my vest just came in and I’m supposed to take it today to get my name and such put on it...just not the main mc patch. I just need nickname ideas because I don’t know where to start with one

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
I was affectionately nicknamed "Speed Racer" at the MSF course (that Honda Rebel and I quickly became good friends lol). For the upcoming Illinois Gambler 500 Rally I'm a part of the "Born To Be Mild Scooter Gang" and all of us have silly names. I'm "Little Skittles".

·
Visionary
5,405 Posts
We’ve never met you, how can we give you a nickname? Ask a few friends who know you well what they think, if a few have the same idea.. there you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
On The Road Again!
4,337 Posts
Years ago, I rode with a bunch of friends on Sunday rides.
I was usually the leader since I knew all the back roads around the area.
Since I was just navigating "on the fly" from my head, I quite often overshot some side road where we were supposed to turn.
And, I was EXCELLENT and making a quick U turn and heading back, leaving all of them there, pushing and pulling their bikes trying to get turned around.
(boy that pissed them off!) They started calling me "Wrong Way".
My buddy Jeff was another one....I don't care how pretty and nice the day was. He would find the only rain shower for miles to ride through.
We called him "Rain Man".

Reactions: BWB75

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
If you want help with your nickname I think you're going to have to tell us about yourself. Tall, short, skinny, curvy, tattoos, piercings, goody-two-shoes, football fan, adrenaline junkie, laid back, easy going, uptight...describe yourself to us and maybe we can throw some **** at the wall and something will stick.

·
Premium Member
10,044 Posts
Hi. my name is Michael. That is the name my mother gave me.
I am also Krusty, because in reality I am a moderate calm type of guy. Since I turned 60, I am Unkle Krusty.
As above, others will give you a name. Send me a pic, I will think of something.

UK

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Hi. my name is Michael. That is the name my mother gave me.
I am also Krusty, because in reality I am a moderate calm type of guy. Since I turned 60, I am Unkle Krusty.
As above, others will give you a name. Send me a pic, I will think of something.

UK
Was it on purpose or coincidence that the initials for your nickname are UK? You are an Englishman after all ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all!

I recently just joined a motorcycle club and have no clue or idea what my nickname should be. I’m a female rider and need some ideas please and thank you !
You'll need to help us with some personal info, not too personal, but some character info. What kind of bike do you ride? Where are you from originally and now if different.

·
Registered
272 Posts
seriously no one here knows you and you want a nickname for a female rider in a bike club please don't take this the wrong way but the first thing to comes to mind is what Santa says might be a funny nickname and will get a lot of attention and a conversation starter.

·
American Legion Rider
26,362 Posts
I agree with ketchboy, you'll earn your road name or nickname. But you can come up with you're own. If you really want help here you'll have to give everyone a little history as well as your likes and dislikes. I'd stay away from your political leanings if possible. That could get you some suggestions you might not like if you know what I mean. For now you could mess around with what you have, GirlRyder. I can think a few using that but don't know a thing about you to know if any might fit. So really, the ball is in your court.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Was it on purpose or coincidence that the initials for your nickname are UK? You are an Englishman after all ;)
SHAME ON YOU! Unkle Krusty and I are both New Zealanders, Kiwis, we come from just about as far away from England as you can get on this globe.

Geez, you know how to hurt a guy don't you. That's kinda like calling a Canadian an American.

Hey Unkle Krusty, do you want to do the holding down, or do you want to do the kicking?

:grin:

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
What? I coulda swore he was from England. In any case, he lives in Canada now, so he's clearly not too good to call another commonwealth nation home ;)

BTW Steve, do you do any fly fishing? My wife and I are planning a trip to New Zealand in early 2020

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can't give yourself a nickname - it has to be given to you. In my experience, people who try to give themselves nicknames end up being given nicknames they dislike. At my high school there was a kid nicknamed Nick. His real name was Tom, but he was called "Nick" because he had tried to give himself a nickname at some point.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
You can't give yourself a nickname - it has to be given to you. In my experience, people who try to give themselves nicknames end up being given nicknames they dislike. At my high school there was a kid nicknamed Nick. His real name was Tom, but he was called "Nick" because he had tried to give himself a nickname at some point.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.