Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CSC Offering City Slicker Electric Motorcycle for $1,995 « MotorcycleDaily.com ? Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

Sam says::grin:

July 16, 2018 at 8:33 am

Remember when you were young and you shined like the Sun—Oh, a little Pink Floyd shot through my brain!

What I meant to say, is remember when you were young and every motorcycle you rode was a very FUN experience! Fun should still be in the equation somewhere:

I’m only 11 miles from work, 9 on beautiful country roads and 2 in the city and I had just as much FUN riding a new Yamaha ZUMA 50cc, two stroke scooter to work as I had on my recent Triump Rocket 3 Roadster:)

I ride 3 scoots now, a 2016 Suzuki DL650 V-strom, a 2014 Honda CTX1300D and a 2006 Suzuki Burgman 650 and I still get ‘that lovin’ feeling’ no matter which mount I ride.

85 bikes and 55 legal years of riding and owning most every type of bike, except an electric one but I do see the day coming when I will buy one. For my short commute, it would be perfect:)

Electric powered vehicles will someday be very commonplace and their performance has and will exceed current Petro powered vehicles. Go to Youtube and type in: “Electric powered 1/4 mile races,” and watch the Tesla destroy every stock, gasoline powered vehicle on the road today:)

Electric bikes built for the 1/4 mile are scary fast too!

Sam:nerd:

·
On The Road Again!
4,195 Posts
Oh how cute! A toy electric bike!
Wow! 35 miles on a charge! Will it REALLY go that far??

I want a REAL electric bike.
https://lightningmotorcycle.com/
160 to 180 miles on a charge with the optional large battery,
enough for a really nice Sunday ride!
(probably kill myself on the thing....but I WANT IT! I WANT IT!)

Reactions: Porky

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
35 miles in the city for a small commute would be just fine as far as range goes for lots of Folks:smile_big:

I posted this because of the low price compared to all other electric bikes.:wink2:

I wouldn't buy anything from China EVER, as they are for all intents and purposes our enemy:surprise:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I wouldn't buy this Chinese manufactured electric bike because of worries about safety and manufacturing quality.

While SKF manufacture in China, their quality control department is manned by 6' tall blonde guys named Sven! What quality control mechanisms are behind this motorbike?

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
It would have been useful before I retired - the long way to work was 5 miles. But, I wouldn't be seen on such an ugly POS!

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I read about a bike called "Zero" a few years ago, and actually considered one. But then a guy at work got one...and the thing is every bit as quiet as a Prius. You kind of turn around and bam! He's right there. Besides that, they say the mining of lithium is even worse for the environment than gas engines, so I am going to stick with gas. Until they make one that runs on coal ;)

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
It reminds me of a Honda Grom and has enough range that I could use it on my ranch to sneak up on critters. But made in China, nope, I'll pass.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think it's ugly and the design is as well executed as the Grom in my humble opinion:smile:

If this scoot was marketed by the JAP's then I bet it would sell like hotcakes or fish head soup:wink2:

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
I'm thinking about the Honda Super Cub as a lighweight city bike when it reaches dealers next winter. If Honda made an electric version at a similar price I would give it serious consideration, but a Chinese bike, not a chance. I'd worry that one day while tooling along the battery would burst into flame, with me sitting on top of it.

·
2009 Ninja 500r
1,505 Posts
CSC aka California Scooter Company "I think" I was looking at buying one of their duo sports for a long time. If I had the room I would buy one but not sure what I would do with it. I had looked into a eScooter back around 2005 to carry on my truck it had a 50 mile range and pedels to help it or to take over if the batteries died. Meh I am only turned off by the fact when I ride it is usually for 8 hours and normally about 500 mileish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts