Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
That is the craziest thing I have ever seen with regard to racing! I can't imagine anyone reaching over and pulling the brake lever on someone else's bike - the other rider could have easily been killed - and a broken collar bone is bad enough!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Dale Earnhardt was called the "Intimidator" for intentionally running other drivers of the track, but he couldn't reach over and pull the brake lever to cause a crash. Even if it wasn't intentional that could have caused a death, ban for life at the least, maybe pay medical bills as well.

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Not sure if he hit the brake lever or just whacked the other rider's grip. Either way, that a bad move.
I'm thinking this goes beyond the racetrack in terms of penalties. He knew full well what consequences his actions could bring.

Lifetime ban, pay penalties and damages and some actual jail time at the least.

·
Registered
809 Posts
True, even if he didn't activate the front brake, he obviously intentionally caused the other rider to crash. If you watch the tape where the other rider is approaching Canepa, he is obviously looking back and waiting to go after him.

Completely agree with you regarding consequences, ban, fines, damages and jail time.

Not sure if he hit the brake lever or just whacked the other rider's grip. Either way, that a bad move.
I'm thinking this goes beyond the racetrack in terms of penalties. He knew full well what consequences his actions could bring.

Lifetime ban, pay penalties and damages and some actual jail time at the least.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Criminal assault would be my first guess but I will leave it to the trial to determine guilt and what to do about it.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
What kind of mindset would cause you to be so competitive that you even think of doing something like that?

I'd say a drug test is in order as well as charges and civil action.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts